Tipping point snacking.

Options
My biggest challenge is snacking. I was able to strictly rein in my eating habits and drop from my top weight of 290 down to 200 pounds. That was over a year ago. Now I seem to just get under that 200 mark and shoot back up nearly 10 pounds.

I accept that it is my own choices and lack of will power that is keeping me from my 185 pound goal weight. That being said, I thought I would jot an observation of my own behavior down.

After dinner is done and I have a full stomach craving, i tend to indulge. When I enter it into my fitness pal, and I am over. I tend to say "Screw it!" and indulge more.

I name this tipping point snacking. If I go to far I figure the day anyways. Total denial and rationalizing on my part. And I know this, and yet I continue the behavior.

So... It stops here. I have a final push to make and lifestyle to adopt in order to loose and maintain my goal weight.

I understand that recognizing a problem and accepting responsibility is key to overcoming. My choice in this venue as a public confessional should suffice.

Replies

• Katieneedsyourhelp
    Options
    Hey, you can do it! Congrats for making that commitment to yourself. You will have all the support you need here. :) Keep it up, but also don't deprive yourself.... You CAN do it! :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Great job taking steps to recognize a problem behavior and deciding you are going to address it. I highly recommend putting up reminders in places where you'll be during your problem times (after dinner) so that it's harder to slip into old behavior without thinking about it. Congrats on 90 lbs lost so far - that's fantastic!!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    if I put in my meal for the end of day, and ifnd myself over, I go upstairs and get on the stationary bike, and beat out 15-20-25mins, instead of snacking, why not try that?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lol this is awesome! I a, glad you posted this, I do the same thing. I say "well I haven't had a bad day in a while may as well do it today!" lol

haha I sooo totaly empathize with you.

I just recently swore off chocolate and sweets for 30 days to help prevent me from doing this. lol we will see how it goes!

thanks for the post!
  • jennyk82
    Options
    I too find myslef doing the same thing. It is good to know that others struggle with the same things. Thanks for sharing.
  • MoonlightMerlot
    MoonlightMerlot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to be a post-dinner snacker, too. It was a hard habit to break, but I just didn't have room for the calories at the end of the day. I know it's less exciting than delicious snacks, but now I grab a pitcher of water with some mint, berries, mango, lemon, or touch of honey in it and drink that all evening. If I'm really tempted, I brush my teeth and that seems to help.

You can do this - you're already halfway there just by stating your goal and putting your mind to it!