How do I move from this plateau?!

Options
I'm not doing anytthing different than when I started in Jan. (well the wk of the 7th I increased my workouts to an hour) I've lost 12 lbs in 6 wks total. I need to lose 11 more to make my goal. the Monday after the superbowl I was up a few lbs & that week I just stuck to my reg. routine & by the 18th I had dropped 5 #'s. And now I'm STUCK. not even a tiny movement. What gives? I already work out an hour daily, I don't have more time than that to work out every day. I've never eaten all the calories it says to, well maybe a few times, but sometimes I nibble on things w/out putting them in my food log so i feel it varies by 100 cal maybe. I've tried to look at my daily entries & figured out what was different from the 9th-the 18th & theren's really no difference from entries before & after that. I don't eat out & basically eat the same types of foods at home. How do I get this weight loss moving again?

Replies

• karljp
    karljp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can take a peek.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You need to have a Spike Day.
    Over-eat for one day and this will bring your metabolism back up.
  • zeman11
    zeman11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was going thru the same thing for a couple of weeks....three weeks with no weight loss whatsoever...I also workout around 1 - 1 1/2 hours a day 5 days a weeks including some strength training and cardio. I was eating roughly 1300 - 1400 calories a day. This week I upped my calories to 1600-1700 and the weight is starting to come off again. Don't know if that will work for you, but I think my body was just needing more food to handle the exercise I am now doing!
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did on the 22nd. I know, I know, 2 days ago.
  • KKOLB1
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can take a peek.

Okay, you're free to look now
  • ian191
    ian191 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well, do you drink enough water? Do you give yourself enough of a breather? I give myself 1 to 2 days off every week (2 if I am really busy with school). Without a proper break every now and then, your body doesn't have time to recover.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    still workout out for a hour just increase intensity level and keep track of every calorie cause sometimes it is more that u think
  • KKOLB1
    Options
    Well, do you drink enough water? Do you give yourself enough of a breather? I give myself 1 to 2 days off every week (2 if I am really busy with school). Without a proper break every now and then, your body doesn't have time to recover.

usually 66 oz. daily. sometimes less. But then again there's a lot of water in the food we eat.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I noticed that you are eating your exercise calories.

I personally don't, but I am not a supporter of either side of this huge debate. Try not eating your exercise calories for a week.

Also, I noticed that you sometimes are lacking in protein. I would add some egg whites to your breakfast, and make sure that you have some type of lean protein at every meal.

Other than that, drink a lot of water, and I hope you get out of your plateau!!