new at this

Options
so today i start myfitnesspal. why not i have tried everything else. it just seems that i lose a few pounds and then gain a few. this yo-yo effect is really testing my inner being. i heard about this site thru a friend and thought i would give it a try. i am excited about getting started. i am ready to do what it takes to become who i know i can be.

Replies

• Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Sammysdoll, I can't say I know how you feel but I hope that with the support of the online friends you can make it stick this time. Good luck to you & you have my support.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sammy, I hope you enjoy the site! It's worked wonders for many people, I'm sure you'll be there soon. :flowerforyou:
  • adamthaler
    Options
    Good luck! I started on January 3rd along with a weight loss boot camp program at my gym. I am down 20 pounds since I started and I look and feel much better. I would say that at least 50% - 75% of my weight loss has come from changing the way I eat.

I plateaued this week with my weight loss and it was extremely frustrating. I had been loosing about 3lbs per week and this week I lost none. It happens to everybody and I am going to stick with this until I hit my goal weight.

Stay strong and stay focused and you will do great!
  • tvman802
    Options
    I hope you do well. I made a new years resolution to lose 35 pounds by the end of April, in time for a wedding. I have been using myfitnesspal.com on my phone and my computer. Its not easy, but I followed its recommendations without exception every day and I have lost 26 pounds so far. As a guy I understand its easier for me to lose weight, but I have been bouncing up and down for the last 15 years and nothing ever worked. Not Jenny Craig, Not Weight Watchers. This is the lightest I have been in 25 years, down 2 pants sizes and very happy.

The only difference this time is myfitnesspal. Go for it and don't look back!