New year, new me, new life!

Options
Hello,

This is my first week on the site and I must say that so far it's going great. I know there will be bumps on the road but it's hard to believe that I have worked out and watched what I ate for 4 straight days. In the broader spectrum that seems like a small fete but trust me, it's big for me! I not only found this site extremely helpful in helping me reach my goal weight but this past week I have actually enjoyed working out! I've done zumba and walking on the treadmill but it's amazing how great music can make working out so much more enjoyable.

My coworkers and I decided to start a weight loss challenge to motivate each other to reach our desired goals. The challenge is 8 weeks long but I can honestly say that these ladies have been incredibly uplifting in helping me conquer my objectives. I've heard that working out with a buddy helps you succeed better than without one and I can honestly say that is very true. These ladies have been my backbone this week and just when I think about giving in, one of them is there to convince me not too. We have 7 weeks left but I'm excited to see how far along we've come in 8 weeks and how much more we can achieve with a little help from our friends.

We all use this site to log in our exercise and calorie intakes and I think I can speak on behalf of all of them that documenting what we eat has been a huge eye opener. Whether it be eating too many sweets, caffeinated beverages, or greasy foods, this site tells it like it is and I hope that in the future we continue to have the strength to make better and healthier eating choices and engage in physical activities we not only enjoy but lose some calories in the process. So to my coworkers I say, thank you for a strong first week and lets continue forward toward a new us and a new life!

Replies

• yvcannon
    yvcannon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    awesome! but what am i chop liver?? jk
  • jeanaustin
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just completed my first week with MFP. It's been great! I'm trying to get used to tracking calories and exercise! It's been great though because I had a really great week!! I have a workout buddy as well and I really think that helps. Me and my boyfriend try to keep each other motivated to eat healthier and exercise 6 days a week - 4 in the gym and 2 doing outdoors stuff on the weekend. I've never tried zumba but I heard it's fun. My next challenge is to run a 5k on 4/23.

4821286.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!! You will do great!
  • oucrimsongirl
    Options
    @Yvcannon, On my next post, I'll be sure to write it all about my wonderful BFF! LOL. Thanks everyone! And good luck to us all on our health goals!