been a while... here we go

so i had been doing well til i went on vacation. i ended up gaining 4 lbs 2 of which i have lost. horray for that but the diet i was on is no longer. it was one of those low carb/no carb diet thingys that the gym owner wanted me to do. first of all it made me jittery as all hell, especially with my insulin resistance from PCOS. so i am been trying to eat right and still work out like i used to.
well just recently i found i am pregnant. this is much welcomed news, but i am extremely high risk due to 4 loses. my heart rate has to be 100-120 at the gym which has become very challenging. not to mention the food cravings have begun. i crave shrimp i the worst way!!! o and if i cheat with dessert i try to kid myself into thinking its ok because i pick something smothered in fruit instead of chocolate...
i feel like i am far from the band wagon, not only fallen off it.:cry:

Replies

• heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    so i had been doing well til i went on vacation. i ended up gaining 4 lbs 2 of which i have lost. horray for that but the diet i was on is no longer. it was one of those low carb/no carb diet thingys that the gym owner wanted me to do. first of all it made me jittery as all hell, especially with my insulin resistance from PCOS. so i am been trying to eat right and still work out like i used to.
    well just recently i found i am pregnant. this is much welcomed news, but i am extremely high risk due to 4 loses. my heart rate has to be 100-120 at the gym which has become very challenging. not to mention the food cravings have begun. i crave shrimp i the worst way!!! o and if i cheat with dessert i try to kid myself into thinking its ok because i pick something smothered in fruit instead of chocolate...
    i feel like i am far from the band wagon, not only fallen off it.:cry:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Right now you need to stay healthy, as long as you eat healthy you'll be fine - if you crave the sweets - then try eating - healthy sweet snacks - like those 100 calories things -

all in moderation - but watch you sugar as well.

Congrats on the pregnancy - I've got my fingers crossed everything will work out perfectly!

:flowerforyou:
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    i found some quaker granola bars with lower sugar levels that were 100 cal so i guess i will try those in the crisis times. right now i crave shrimp all the time! o and apples. i am doing some seasonal work for an orchard, and i know apples are higher in sugar then some fruit, but they are sooo good!