Evil Cellulite!

Options
Desperately trying to rid my thighs of cellulite. I’m of course dieting and exercising a few times a week and I even started this “dry brushing skin” yesterday. Any one know of extra tips that will help me conquer this evil cellulite? Certain foods not to eat or great exercises, anything!? I am really trying to see some results, thanks!

Replies

• metajess
    Options
    I heard some people go to spas and get body wraps. its suppose to tighten up your skin and make it look smoother. maybe you should treat yourself to a spa day and find out if its true!
  • ladysvs
    Options
    Unfortunately it's a genetic thing! Drinking lots of water does help some though!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Dry brushing does help!!! But you have to keep doing it every day(or close to) for a couple months before you start to notice> It helped me last year and I plan to start again soon. Do you do the hot and cold shower afterwards?

Other than that, the creams I tried didn't work, there may be cosmetic procedures....
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If I am going swimming I will use a scrub on my cellulite. It seems to temporarily reduce the appearance somewhat. I think it is genetic though and I'm not sure if you can get ride of it unfortunately!
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i doubt there's anything to really speed up the process of it going away. cellulite is caused by an excessive amount of fat under the skin. i know some companies make special cellulite cream, but i doubt it really works like it claims to. i recommend just being patient and continuing to do what you do. cardio will help you burn the extra fat and weight training will help build muscle, which will in turn tone your legs, thus reducing the appearance of cellulite. i'm having the same issues. good luck!
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    I would like to find something to help as well... I did hear that drinking lots of water helps :) Nothing really seems to work for me. BUT... almost every woman has it so we are not alone.
  • beahawk
    beahawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Are you weight training? Exercises like squats, lunges, and different other leg workouts can really help minimize cellulite.
  • miabrown66
    Options
    I have been using a recumbant bike with pretty good results. You have to set it to where there is pretty good tension but my legs are really firming up in only 5.5 weeks. Good luck!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What is dry brushing???
  • akmieciak
    akmieciak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I hate the cellulite on my thighs!!! What's involved in "dry scrubbing"?
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I have several friends who swear by using coffee grounds. While showering they take fresh coffee grounds(unused of course) and slight damp the grounds in their hands and buff it over the area's of cellulite. They have stated you can see a difference in a couple of weeks. The caffeine in the grounds supposedly help break down the cellulite. I've tried it, but never faithful enought to make a claim, done it for about 4 days.. But they do swear on it...
  • neuroticalme
    neuroticalme Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just dimpling in the skin caused by fat cell herniation (popping through) the connective tissues under the skin. It occurs in 80-90% of females after puberty, and is tied to the balance of hormones that we would call "female"...because it is only more common in males who have androgen ("male hormones") deficiency. There's a strong genetic component as well, since your DNA determines how well your connective tissues are gonna hold up as you age.

In short, there's nothing you can really do about it. Weight loss will shrink fat cells, though this is fairly even across the body; "spot reduction" is a myth. Building and toning muscle can also help even out the appearance a bit.

People have a tendency to focus on one part of their body and edit and judge the rest of their body by that one issue or part. Hence why an anorexic girl can still think she's fat because she's staring at some jiggly thigh tissue. People don't judge their own faces as harshly because they see the whole thing quite a few times a day. You know that line from My Fair Lady, "I've become accustomed to her face"? Yeah, that's what we do. Just do it for your body, too.

Other than that, shake what yo mama gave ya. Remember, there are over 3 billion women in the world who don't look like supermodels, and only 8 who do. ;)
  • BridgetteFLA
    Options
    What is dry brushing???

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/healingtechniques/dry_brushing_technique.htm

Thanks for the helpful tips everyone. I guess I just need to be patient and drink lots of water!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just dimpling in the skin caused by fat cell herniation (popping through) the connective tissues under the skin. It occurs in 80-90% of females after puberty, and is tied to the balance of hormones that we would call "female"...because it is only more common in males who have androgen ("male hormones") deficiency. There's a strong genetic component as well, since your DNA determines how well your connective tissues are gonna hold up as you age.

In short, there's nothing you can really do about it. Weight loss will shrink fat cells, though this is fairly even across the body; "spot reduction" is a myth. Building and toning muscle can also help even out the appearance a bit.

People have a tendency to focus on one part of their body and edit and judge the rest of their body by that one issue or part. Hence why an anorexic girl can still think she's fat because she's staring at some jiggly thigh tissue. People don't judge their own faces as harshly because they see the whole thing quite a few times a day. You know that line from My Fair Lady, "I've become accustomed to her face"? Yeah, that's what we do. Just do it for your body, too.

Other than that, shake what yo mama gave ya. Remember, there are over 3 billion women in the world who don't look like supermodels, and only 8 who do. ;)

Thank you for facts.
  • MelissaGrimes
    Options
    bump