hope this works

Options
Hey, I'm hoping you can motivate me! I am 5'8 and currently weight 164, looking to lose 20 pounds! I had lost 50 3 years ago following weight watchers and working out. Since I stopped weight watchers I have gained 25 pounds pack. I joined this site on Tuesday, so far I like it! I have been working out 4 nights a week for over a month and no weight loss, scales goes up thought! Stinks! Brings down my mo-jo! lol But not giving up, summer is around the corner and I need to fit in all my size 4's again!!!!

Replies

• BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! Just make sure you keep track of your calories too. It's hard, but so worth it. The people here are really supportive and it will definitely help keep you on track!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the rest of your life.

This is your new journey. Your dedication will change your lifestyle, the way you look at and consume food. The way you exercise. The products you buy. The way you see yourself.

This is not just for this 'summer' but for your new life.

Come on in everyone is waiting to get and give support and motivation.

ZH
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    agreed! record all of your food and workouts - it will help and your weight will start coming off again.

you did it before and will do it again!
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday and am VERY encouraged and motivated by those on the site.
  • jjustus4
    Options
    Dear Friend, be encouraged. Rule number 1. Take that scale and throw it out the window. Well not so much. But dont step on it every day. Put it under the bed or something. This site really does help. Friends are really encouraging and challenging. Find something you like to do and do it. I tried different types of workouts but I didnt like them. I am now hooked on Zumba and trying new things. Have fun. Click on other people's blogs and pages and you will get fun ideas that WORK! Most of all try to have fun so that you will keep it up. You can do it. I know you can. The scale is not always indicative of how you feel or how well you are doing. My friends and I have what we call NSVs. Those are Non Scale Victories. You dont need a number to let you know that you are doing well. For example, at the beginning of my workout I couldnt touch the floor. Guess what I did yesterday? It may not mean much to someone else but no number could identify how good I felt when I did it. The next step? Who knows. Set short doable goals. You will be fine!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I am 5'7.5" and weighed 180 as of last January4th, not to mention I was 51 at the time. I lost my goal of 40 pounds by August! So it will work if you do your part and log your calories and put in a little exercise time. Eat healthy foods, not processed; drink lots of water! Good luck to you. You CAN do it!
  • blueeyeskal
    blueeyeskal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you. How long have you been at this? I have been good keeping track!!!
  • blueeyeskal
    blueeyeskal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is a good way to look at it.....scale will be out of sight!