movie snacks

Options
What do you eat when you go to the movies? I like to have something to eat when watching a movie, I usually sneak in snacks to avoid the calories in the ones they serve. I'm planning a date night with my husband, and need some movie snack ideas.

Replies

• strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    cut veggies, cut fruit...home popped popcorn. those are the ones I do best with when sneaking them into the theater. Also bottled water...its cheaper tis way too
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I pop my own popcorn, bring a drink sometimes seltzer water, diet soda (rarely), or just water, AND I also bring my own raisinets....gotta have the salty and sweet thing going. However, I hardly go to the movies.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My kids cram 100 calorie snacks and juice drinks in my purse. I like the organic popcorn at Trader Joe's and I put that in a ziplock bag and carry it as well.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My husband and I saw our first movie in the theater in about a year and a half last weekend. We had to go separately since we have no babysitter. I went ahead and got popcorn and a soda and brought some chocolate from home in case I felt I really needed candy. But, I was good with the popcorn and soda. Since it's such a rare occasion that we go out like that I figured what the heck, I might as well go for it!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I usually do the same as everyone else pretty much. Pop my own lower calorie popcorn. Take fruit like a container of strawberries or grapes. Sometimes we take in other treats or snacks that sound good, but we try to stick to as low of calorie and sugar as possible. And bottled water, that way if I still feel I need something to snack on I can chug that and get full.
  • soccerfossil
    Options
    Personally I like to splurge with the movie popcorn and fake butter. First, look it up before putting it in your mouth. Second, measure and log everything correctly. I just cut back on other meals and try to get a balanced diet as much as possible. Of course portion control must be included... Also, get a walk or run in BEFORE also allows the extravagance.
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If I want something sweet I buy Frosted Mini Wheats. I actually read a lot of labels to find a cereal that was low cal/fat and OK on protein.

I have the smart pop popcorn for salty snacks.

Diet coke or water. My theater also has a coffee bar and they serve hot tea as well. I can skip all snacks if I just get a hot drink.