New to website

akwagner25
akwagner25 Posts: 62
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Amy. I joined a week ago. So far I love it. This is exactly what I needed, guidance on what I should be doing. I have five wonderful kids and I am married to my high school sweetheart. My family inspires me everyday to continue with this journey.

I'm not sure what finally made me decide to try to do something about my weight. I think I just had enough. I don't want to be the fat mom. I want to look and feel on the outside, like I do on the inside. I want to be the mom that likes to get out and be physically active with the kids and my husband. I want to show the kids that an active lifestyle is the way to go. I really hope I can keep this up and teach them that.

As of today and after one week, I've lost 13 lbs. I am not expecting that each week (not that I don't like that number, cuz I definitely do). My goal is to lose approximately 2 lbs a week. I want this to be a gradual process that helps me maintain it permanently.

I've already noticed a difference in the fact that I look forward to taking my walks. I originally only put in a goal to excercise 3 times a week. I wanted to work into it slowly. But I find I am wanting to take a walk everyday. I love that I feel that way.

Replies

• Welcome and goodl luck. If I can give any advice it would be to lose weight **slowly**. One of the key markers of people who lose weight and keep it off is to lose it gradually. 2 pounds per week is the absolute max you should strive for. 1 pound is my goal, anything above is a bonus for me but no more than 2 pounds per week.
This discussion has been closed.