H2O Quick or Slow??

Options
Sometimes I catch myself slipping up on my water intake. I wondered if I slam water does it have the same benefit as sipping all day. It may be a silly question, but I really don't know. I usually drink about 100 ounces a day and I have noticed that I'm halfway through the day and have only drank 16 ounces.

Any feedback would help, especially from the pro's! :)

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it matter all that much. I have heard that if you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated. Maybe you should be sipping even if you don't feel thirsty. I find it easier if I drink room tempeture water when I don't feel thirsty. I seem to be able to drink more of it. Less of a shock to my body, maybe.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    the point of drinking water is this;

Fat exits your body two ways

through your breath (which is why we get the white stuff on our tongues in the morning)
    and through your pee(which is why its yellow) or so I have been told

you know you are drinking enough water when your pee is clear! and As long as you are drinking enough water to constantly be peeing then you are fine.

sorry if that is TMI
  • cyndi101
    Options
    I don't know the answer either but would be very interested to hear some replies. I hate to drink water but really try to get alot down. And usually just guzzle it to get it over with. Is that a bad thing?
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert but I try to sip all day long. I divide my day up and try to make sure I drink 16 oz at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and at least 8 oz during my mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks. If I try and make sure to get those in while I'm eating then I 1) eat slower (and therefore sometimes less), and 2) make sure I get my water in. Good Luck!
  • wiglitt
    Options
    I used to hate to drink water, now I crave it. I fill up a red plastic 16oz cup with water and drink it about every hour. I agree with the above poster.....watch your pee, it should be clear.

I also ONLY drink my water at room temp. I hate cold water even tho they say cold water is better because your body burns calories warming it up.

Hope this helps.
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    It's not a bad thing to chug water, it'll simply fill your stomach faster. But the reason it's better to drink it all day is because it keeps you full all day. (Aside from the obvious hydration factor: the more water in your system at any given time, the less likely you are to become dehydrated.)

My favorite "dieting" technique is to drink 8-12oz. of water whenever I feel hungry, and then wait 5 minutes. I found that most times I felt hungry, I was actually just thirsty. That's not to say I don't snack - part of my regimen is to eat very small "meals" of protein and veggies every two hours. But before I add an extra piece of chicken or a few more carrots, I simply drink water.

If it's a chore, find an additive. I LOVE the WalMart brand crystal light stuff - peach tea, pomegranite, lemonade... it's all no sugar and no cal, and makes hydrating feel easier.