HELP! how to loose the tummy after child birth

Options
Need help getting back in shape after birth of my first baby boy...can you please recommend exercises that help reducing PP tummy?

Thank you!

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to reading these answers!!! 11 1/2 yrs later and I am still trying to figure it out!!!!! I have gottne it flattened out but am trying to figure out is there any way to get the wiggle out of it!
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I am doing pilates and the Tracy Anderson Post Pregnancy Mat DVD along with several other cardio activites (Zumba, running). These seem to slowly be helping. Good Luck!
  • mislove68
    Options
    bump also would like to know...but I think you cant spot reduce.
  • Vixen59
    Options
    My baby is 22 and I still have the wiggle in my lower ABs
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My baby is 22 and I still have the wiggle in my lower ABs

NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!! LOL :sad:
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    http://www.maternalfitness.com/

http://www.maternalfitness.com/products.html

You could also wrap yourself very tightly around the waist or wear a waist cincher or corset

I had a tummy tuck because I didn't learn about the tight wrapping after birth until years afterwards
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections. After my first, I actually got down to a good size, where I was comfortable in a swimsuit, and the tummy was pretty much gone (about 19% body fat). I'm having a much harder time after my second. I still have 10-12 lbs to lose before I'm at the same weight, and about 5% body fat to lose to be the same there too. I'm hoping that will get rid of it for me.

You'll probably want to focus on cardio to lose the fat, but include some core strength training (pilates or other ab workouts) to help the muscles underneath - especially those that were cut during the c-section. I used Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD after my first, and it was enough of both cardio and strength to do the trick. Give it a little time too... it took me about a year after the first to get to that point.

I've also heard that increasing omega 3's in your diet (or taking capsules) will help, and decreasing body fat to 10-15% will force your body to give up those last reserves of fat. On the flip side, it's sometimes genetic, and you may never completely get rid of it without a tummy tuck.

Hope this helps!

This was my response to a different thread a while back. The original topic was specific to moms that had c-sections, but will work for anyone.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have notice that my tummy is getting more trimmed with jillian michaels workouts-she has great ab exercises along with incorporating cardio exercise too which is key-but u also need to eat healthy too and watch calories
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    I'd like to know too. 7yrs now with this tummy..I hate it!!
  • lratterman
    Options
    I started with Power 90 about 5 yrs ago after my 3rd was born. It totally transformed by body. I then moved on to P90X and Insanity. I find these workouts are great because they come with great support. I am happy to anser specific questions if anyone has any.

Lee
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The old folks say start wearing a rubber girdle as soon as possible to prevent skin sagging. I a few people my age who did that and they swear by it.
  • roxydaisy
    Options
    I use PX90 abs. But I think the best is Stroller Strides exercise class... Those are the only ones that worked for my tummy. Now I need something for my arms, I'm doing weight circuits at the YMCA.