ALWAYS hungry!

Options
I find that no matter how much protein or fiber I eat, I'm always hungry.

Any suggestions?!

Replies

• pontprennau
    pontprennau Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eat more fat!!!

Yeah I'm sure everyone will say "don't eat more fat" BUT

I went on a low fat diet, was eating 2000 calories a day and was PERMANENTLY starving

I stopped buying low fat stuff, carried on eating 2000 calories a day and never felt hungry.

for me at least my body was screaming for fat hence feeling hungry all the time and miserable as sin.

Bob
  • jolenefraser
    Options
    Gum! I'm always hungry too. No matter what. I chew a lot of gum to keep me busy. When I want something sweet, I chew a fruity gum. Good luck!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I drink decaff coffee when I'm hungry but shouldn't eat!
  • ybroussard
    ybroussard Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    drink more water!!! helps out so much.
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    i've heard that we sometimes confuse hunger with thirst that we think we're hungry when we are actually thirsty. Not sure if it's accurate but at least water will fill you up, give it a try. Good luck.
  • Scncartist
    Options
    I've learned to make sure I have ample calories set aside for snacks. I try to keep my meals between 200 and 300 calories, leaving enough room. (I try to keep between 1200 and 1560 calories a day depending on my activity level). I also know I am much more active during the morning, so I eat more of my calories then to help! This is day 3 of that and it seems to help!

I also drink a ton of water when I'm hungry hoping that that will help.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Water and sugar free gum helps me. :)
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    I feel the same way, i just grab a banana or something very very small to tie me over till its time to eat....
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have gum too...and I make sure that I have enough calories for snacks...
  • carissagrayson
    Options
    I was really hungry for the like the first month but I am into my second month and I dont really feel as hungry this time. I am hoping that my body is kinda getting adjusted to the calorie change.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Gum! I'm always hungry too. No matter what. I chew a lot of gum to keep me busy. When I want something sweet, I chew a fruity gum. Good luck!

Mmmm, I need to do that too.
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry too! I drink a lot of tea in the winter and water in the summer. It does help.
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    if you're new (i'm going to assume you are) then it could just be that you're not used to feeling hungry, so you think you feel hungry all the time. i know that that's what happened with me... the first few weeks i was so not used to ever feeling hungry that i thought i was feeling hungry all the time. once you get used to the feeling, it will slowly go away.
  • pocketsam
    Options
    Deffo agree with the drinking more water. However Chewing gum is NOT a good idea.

When you chew you are telling your tummy that you are about to eat something. It gets ready to eat then start digesting food. But you are not putting anything in your tummy, just chewing, but your stomach keeps producing the stomach acid. When this happens and you have not eaten, your acid gets to work on your stomach lining. Potentially a very bad idea!

I have suffered intense heartburn over long periods of time in the past and this was one of the things my doctor told me.
    Not meaning to upset anybody here... just passing along some info :)
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Ill drink some chicken broth sometimes or a cup of soup
  • KJHILL
    KJHILL Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was always starving... I just revamped my menu. firm believer of good fiber and protein mix for my main meals. brown rice, whole wheat pasta or fiber enriched wrap w/ chicken, shrimp or steak and stir fry veggies. (add mrs dash's varieties to mix up the flavor) you can make your meals between 190 to 250 calories, which leaves you room for snacks. But I am finding that i am not hungry when in the evenings and have to make myself eat dinner. And putting yourself on an eating schedule and not waiting till you are too hungry to eat helps.
    I do make sure I get my water intake.
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Deffo agree with the drinking more water. However Chewing gum is NOT a good idea.

When you chew you are telling your tummy that you are about to eat something. It gets ready to eat then start digesting food. But you are not putting anything in your tummy, just chewing, but your stomach keeps producing the stomach acid. When this happens and you have not eaten, your acid gets to work on your stomach lining. Potentially a very bad idea!

I have suffered intense heartburn over long periods of time in the past and this was one of the things my doctor told me.
    Not meaning to upset anybody here... just passing along some info :)

Great post! Agreed, just drink more water :)
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am too....I just had a giant veggie sandwich and I'm still starving. It was on a white roll so that's probably why. However last night I had a ton of steamed broccoli and whole wheat pasta and was still starving...and if I up protein and have a big meal I'm still starving.

I have a decent metabolism (overeating for years and I gained about 10 pounds total) so I think my body is going into shock at 1200 calories....maybe try upping yours just a little bit? I find at about 1400 for me my hunger pangs subsist. Might make it go a little slower but that's ok...its not a race.
  • Jazzdaisy
    Jazzdaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I lose a few pounds and gain it all back then lose
    again. this is a vicious cycle for me. I find that as I get older it gets so much harder
    to lose the weight and keep it. I find it hard to keep the calories within my range and feel full and
    satisfied.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "eat more fat" comment earlier. I just finished reading an article about how the two main things that we are told to to do to lose weight - cut out fat and exercise more - are the two things that make people hungriest, and therefore more likely to binge, especially with carbs. The article also talked about how the population's overall decrease in fat intake and intake of refined carbs correlates with the increase in overweight/obesity in this country.

I'll see if I can remember where I found that article, it was really interesting.