Not hungry but wanting to eat.....help!!

Options
So I've had some success so far (73lbs in the last 13mos) but I still have a long way to go until I reach my goal weight. I really love the gym now but food is my biggest enemy. I love it! My biggest problem is grazing. I find I eat when not hungry, just go into the kitchen to get something to munch and then munch.....munch.....munch! Does anyone else struggle with this?? I need some help and support with this!

Replies

• bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    I find that chewing gum really helps when I feel like grazing. Also drink lots of water and tea!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was always told that, if you feel the need to eat when you're not hungry, DRINK!

I used to eat for the sake of it, especially when I was at home all day on a saturday, so now I'll make a cup of tea, take a glass of water, or go for a quick walk!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the kitchen! (kidding) don't buy munchies for a start - just get healthy stuff, and maybe have a day when you let your hair down and treat yourself! Put a sign on the fridge... in the long-term, you know you'll be happy you made the effort!! Go for a long walk, and take a couple of biscuits (cookies?) with you as an energy boost - I do this a lot, and I burn 1000+ calories a day so it don't matter that way...

Best regards, David
  • kgarza810
    Options
    at moments like that I grab a nice cold bottle of water! it really helps.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Yeah. I feel your pain. Plenty of water/ tea etc. Also, I make a rule that I can only eat at the table. No eating infront of the tv or while reading - that sort of thing. Tell yourself that nothing is off-limits, but you MUST wait until you are truly hungry before you eat it. If I ban certain foods, then I want them all the more. You must eat conciously, slowly, and only when you are hungry.
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    :sad: Yep i have the same problem, although more in an evening....
  • salma11
    Options
    Hi Stephanie,

Yeah I get it too. I think someone else said this as well - don't have snack foods. That helps me a lot. It's sad, but if it's there I'm not that great on the willpower. If it's not there then I do much better.

Good luck with eveyrthing :)
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely. I can eat all day with no rest...just grazing all day....but others are right. Water! I just chug a big glass of water whenever I'm thinking about food! Also, don't keep any junk food in your pantry. I threw away mine!!
  • losing4myself
    Options
    I do have a problem with that. Obviously this isn't for everybody...but I (re) peirced my tounge. Moving it around is like having gum in my mouth permanatly sorta, lol. Like I said, not for everyone...but with that AND real gum off and on...it's my reminder to think before putting things (food/drink) in my mouth...
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Sounds like "boredom eating".
    Find something more constructive to do.
  • carguy42503
    carguy42503 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds like "boredom eating".
    Find something more constructive to do.

that's what I was going to say... get up, get out, and do something!!!
  • lainey137
    Options
    EVERYONE feels like this! Try to drink peppermint tea, or black coffee. It will fill you up and mean youre not walking out the door empty handed