Just switched to myfitnesspal from WW

Options
Hey there,

A friend recommended the mfp android app and I LOVE it! Works so much better than the Weight Watchers tracker on my phone and it's FREE!!! I've been trying to lose 30 lbs for years (since having kids) and all I do is gain and lose the same 10 lbs over and over again. My friends and I are doing a Biggest Loser competition amongst ourselves but I haven't been doing well because I never log my food. I think this app will change everything.

Replies

• jaybaileys
    Options
    Good luck to you.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    MFP is the greatest!! Good luck!!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm also do a combination of two different Biggest Loser competitions as well as this website- helps me stay motivated! This website will be awesome in helping you keep off those 10 yo-yo pounds and lose even more! Good luck!
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    You are thinking right! MFP has helped me. It tracks EVERY calorie! It even has bacon grease (I thought that was just a southern thing). Good Luck on getting healthy!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I love this site and I trust you will too. Friend me if you like.
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    I had belonged to WW online but like MFP better and like it better and it's free!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love this site. I am doing a Biggest Loser program here where I work on an Army installation. This site has been great for tracking everything that I am doing, and I have been very successful in the program so far.
  • caltenhein01
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. You'll get a lot of support here. Friend me if you like. :smile:
  • shellypavlik
    shellypavlik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. We're all in this together. Friend me if you wish!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I like this better than WW too. I like knowing what I have eaten all broken down, not just in POINTS. I hope you like it here, friend me if you need some friends!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers for years! WW doesnt stress the importance of exercise thats why I love MFP!! Good luck on your weight loss journey! Friend me!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YAY! Welcome to MFP! Happy logging and best wishes for your journey to a healthier you. :flowerforyou:
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I use the app both on my Android phone and PC and it works very well. If I don't log my calories, I am really bad, just keep slowly gaining over the years, if don't stay right on top of it...this way I stay honest with myself! Best of Everything to you in your journey here!
  • aprilmssmith
    aprilmssmith Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of success on the old points program at WW, once they changed to the points plus plan I gained and lost the same couple of pounds every week. A friend told me about mfp so I decided to put in all my food from my ww tracker for a day. I found out why I wasn't losing any weight on the new plan! They were giving me way too many calories (over 2000 for 33 points). I love mfp because it lets me eat anything I want like ww, but I just have to track it. AND I don't have to count so high - it does it for me!
  • CamHan
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat. I am 3 weeks in to joining Weight Watchers again (go to meetings, not online), and wasn't that impressed with their iPhone App, that costs money. My girlfriend told me about this site yesterday, and already I am excited about how much better MFP is! I love that it reminds me of my other favourite site, Facebook :) I am also doing a Biggest Loser Competition with some girls from work (and have the workout DVD's and books), so I think if I am able to combine all 3, I'm bound to be successful - right? Best of luck on your journey. Friend me if you'd like!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've belonged to WW online (and in person) more than once:blushing: and I too find MFP to be fantastic (and the price is just right!!) Also the support here can't be beat:smile: Good Luck and feel free to friend me if you wish.
  • Marlabe
    Options
    I also left WW and came here. It seemed like WW was my favorite charity. This is a great, free site.

I would love to be your friend so that we can support each other, if you like.
  • ISalazar16
    ISalazar16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this awesome site! I too am in a biggest loser competition with friends and family. My goal is to lose about 35 lbs. Feel feel to add me.
    Hey there,

A friend recommended the mfp android app and I LOVE it! Works so much better than the Weight Watchers tracker on my phone and it's FREE!!! I've been trying to lose 30 lbs for years (since having kids) and all I do is gain and lose the same 10 lbs over and over again. My friends and I are doing a Biggest Loser competition amongst ourselves but I haven't been doing well because I never log my food. I think this app will change everything.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    You made the right choice!!! welcome to MFP and I wish you every success on your journey. ::happy:
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also left WW and came here. It seemed like WW was my favorite charity. This is a great, free site.

I would love to be your friend so that we can support each other, if you like.

LOL! I called WW my payroll deduction. I'm thinking here that worst case, I stay about the same weight but for free and best case, I actually lose weight and it's still free.