New to Fitness Pal, but started my journey in January

Options
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself! I've been a member of Fitness Pal for a few months, but I've never done anything with it, so I logged on the last couple of days to really start keeping track of my food and exercise. I've been doing it at home in a journal Since Jan 1, but it's really easy to go over on your calories if no one is looking, so I thought I'd do it publicly from now on for extra motivation!

I'm 25 and had my beautiful son almost 8 months ago. I have a few reasons for wanting to lose weight:
--I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in early June and I'd like to not be the biggest member of the wedding party! We're also going to Vegas in late April to celebrate for the bachelorette party and I'd like to at least be a little slimmer by then.
--My son's 1st birthday is coming up and I don't want anything to hold me back from having a blast at his party. I don't want to worry about how I'll look in every picture and it will be smack in the summer heat, so I want no reason why I can't dress for the weather. I also want to be healthy and happy by the time my son is this age to raise him with a healthier outlook and not be body consious the way I grew up.
--I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my entire life and I know the weight is putting strain on my marriage. My husband is being so supportive of my goals, but I definitely want to be "that" girl for him again.

Starting Weight: 208
Current Weight: 187.5
Goal Weight (my pre-pregnancy weight): 165
Ultimate goal weight (my wedding weight): 140
Total weight loss so far: 20.5

Sorry, looks like I wrote a novel! I'd love to find some weight loss buddies who will really hold me to my goals and I'd be glad to do the same for you!

Replies

• ElizabethHayne
    Options
    Hi! My name is Elizabeth and I am fairly new on here as well. I find myself skipping my logins sometimes and need to be more consistent. Maybe we can help each other! Congrats on the already lost 20 lbs, thats awesome! You son is adorable! My hubby and I are currently trying to get pregnant right now. Well, hope to hear back from you, have a good day! :) Elizabeth
  • 32nikki
    32nikki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Nikki. I'm new to fitness pal too. Your little one is so handsome.
    It's wonderful that you have already lost 20 lbs. Wow! That's great! Have you lost that much since Jan?
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of you! This is a place you can succed. Good luck!
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment about my son! I'd love to keep in touch to stay motivated, I'll add you!
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So far I'm just losing baby weight, so once I started trying it came off pretty fast--just counting calories and running around with the little one keeps me busy and on my feet lol! Can I add you so we can keep eachother motivated? What do your goals look like?
  • sabichu
    Options
    Welcome! you'll love it here i'm sure. This site is so motivating!