Starting 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• bridgej2
    Options
    I started the shred yesterday, 2-21-11, and this morning I am sore!! Ive worked out 6days a week for the past 3 months (mostly cardio) and havent been this sore,. I hate strenght training but no pain no gain lol excited to see results in 30 days. :-)
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I can see why they call it "The Shred", that's exactly how I feel - like I've been shredded - and then run over by a steam roller!!!

LOL! AMEN! My thoughts exactly. Hoping day 2 goes a little bit better. Just thinking about the push-ups makes my arms quiver.
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    Today was Day 2, and so far, I've been able to stick to my goal of doing Level 1 twice a day!
  • brookeybaby_00
    Options
    Today was Day 2, and so far, I've been able to stick to my goal of doing Level 1 twice a day!

TWICE a day??? OMG! I don't know how you can. I can barely move after day 1 only doing it once! You are my hero.

:flowerforyou:
  • Erins1976
    Options
    L1D1 today. Have started and stopped this several times...ready to see it through to the end to see if it will do the trick!
  • ambernwms
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday and I can feel it in my abs and legs! I also go to the gym 3-5 times a week and do the elliptical (30-60) minutes eating 1200 calories a day. Hopefully this will break my plateau.
  • brookeybaby_00
    Options
    Made it through Day 2 last night. Had to soak in the tub for 45 mins and sleep with a heated blanket just so I could move this morning. Am I the only total wuss out here?

:embarassed:
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Just got it yesterday and after reading your posts, I'm scared to try it HA! My problem is that I get bored after a few weeks of the same routine.
  • luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    Day 11 - Level 2 here.

I was so sore the first 4-5 days of level 1 then it did get a lot easier by the 10th day.
    I moved to level 2 today and I am feeling it. It is very tough, but you do get amazing results! I did it for 45 days last year and really got into shape.

Now to keep going and not fall off the workout wagon again.

Good luck!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I did it last week for a few days, but was not consistant, but after reading this I am going to start it again and do it straight for 10 days on level one, I do go to the gym like 5 days a week so it's not like Im no getting work outs in, but I was sore when I did that dvd and its like having your own personal trainging, plus we need strength training.
  • azalea30
    Options
    I did it start on level one then go to another level each week. trust me it gets down pretty hard. but its fun i loved it. Just push yourself as much as you can for the 30 days and stick to it. it will be a great start to getting you inot a motivated feeling and rythym to exercise regulary
  • brookeybaby_00
    Options
    After Day 3, I'm feeling much better. My calves are still killing me, but I don't feel like I'm going to die.

:bigsmile:
  • brookeybaby_00
    Options
    Day 4 and I actually made it through an entire section without a break! Go ME!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing C25K. Your posts have me interested. How many times a week are you supposed to do the shred?
  • brookeybaby_00
    Options
    As far as I can tell, everyday for 30 days. 10 at Level 1, 10 at Level 2, and the last 10 and Level 3.
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    I"ve been without a computer for the last several days, but I've been keeping up with 30DS. Today is Day 8 for me.
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    so is this shredding for toning or losing weight?
  • COMomto3
    COMomto3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    so is this shredding for toning or losing weight?

Both.

I am on Level 1, Day 4. Omg the morning of the second day I thought I was going to die from being so sore! But now it is better. I am doing it Monday through Saturday. I really love it. I am terrible at strength training so this really kicks my butt.

I am also doing C25k 3 monrings a week. I am super excited to see the results!
  • arblondegirl
    Options
    Is anyone taking a break? I just started yest at level 1 and I finished and today I am soooo sore. Should I push through and try to do the workout again today, or should I break today and let my body rest and go back into it tom?
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am on day 7 of shred(i am also doing c25k) I started it last month and was in bits after the first day that i stopped. This time around i just worked through it and after day 2 i was not sore. I am doing each level for 10 days.
    It is great once you get stuck into it.
    Enjoy x