OMG, my favorite splurge, Chipotle, is giving away food!

Options
Alright, Chipotle can kind of be a mine field when it comes to calories, but I have been doing their burrito bowl w/ no cheese or sour cream for years now. 550 calories! I usually can't finish all of it, so it's even fewer for me.

ANYWHO, they are doing BOGO coupons on Facebook if you watch some video about America's Next Great Restaurant (on the America's Next Great Restaurant page). I double checked my profile after I watched and it didn't look like they spammed me or used me to advertise or anything.

Chipotle has their nutrition facts on their site, so if you're lazy like me, but you're scared off by the calories, this may be an option.

Best of luck, everyone! Keep up the calorie counting!

Replies

• Holly12178
    Options
    I love Chipotle! One of my fav's
  • alygoo615
    alygoo615 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome for calculating your custom Chipotle entree :)

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

Beware- the Tortilla itself is a whopping 290 calories

I usually do a salad- no cheese, either sour cream or guac but not both, no rice, either beans or meat, and no dressing (using the salsa instead) and end up less than 400 calories. Not the most healthy thing and packed with sodium- but when you're really craving your chipotle- this is a good compromise.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just got mine but I cannot eat ANYTHING else that day (except salad with no dressing or something) if I get a Chipotle..... but it is so good!!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I have chipotle like 1x a week- I usually go for hard tacos or a burrito bowl (ie- choose 1 main carb and let the other flavors stand for themselves!) I like the tacos cuz its like having the chips but without eating them separate. And the bowl is great for when you really are in the mood for the cilantro lime rice. Mmmmm Barbacoa mmmm
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.. Chipotle. Haven't had that in a while. I may have to go for a bowl!
  • caburk02
    caburk02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That Chipotlefan calculator is great! I usually just added it all up from the chart on Chipotle's page, but why bother if someone else will do the math?!
  • shells9973
    Options
    We just had this last night... (and my husband forgot to take our BOGO coupon... I guess we'll have to go again next week!!! ;-)

I had a barbacoa salad w/tomato and tomatillo salsas, cheese and no dressing = 310cal. I also was able to splurge on chips and guac b/c I had a kickass workout!!!
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I made sure I printed mine out and I will def be using them soon. Just working out a little more the day I use them!! I can't let a good deal pass me by!! lol:laugh:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I love chipolte, and the one i get only has 500 cals...perfect for days when I run 4+miles :-)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this...I went and got my coupon! haha
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am really a fan of Baja Fresh Mexican Grill, how does Chipotle campare to them? I have been curious about Chipotle since we just recently got one, but have never eaten there?! Been meaning to try it. Thanks.
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    The coupons are completely legitimate! My wife and I used the BOGO last night! Chipotle is one of the few places we still eat out at. They have quality ingredients and if you make smart choices you don't have to feel guilty about it at all when you eat there!

With that said, before we made this lifestyle change we ate burrito bowls with extra everything in it. Awful. But since we embarked on our weight loss journey we made modifications.

Our first modification was a burrito bowl with rice, black beans, chicken, corn salsa, tomato salsa, cheese and sour cream which is 760 calories. A lot less than before, but still very high for one meal, so it was a splurge, so we finally modified that and found a great lower calorie solution for us.

We get salads (no dressing) with black beans, chicken, corn salsa, tomato salsa and cheese. Then we use the Chipotle Tabasco sauce on it (love that stuff) and that is a 520 calorie meal! Love it! It is all about finding balance!

Oh and there is an android app for calculating Chipotle calories on the go as well!
  • caburk02
    caburk02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am really a fan of Baja Fresh Mexican Grill, how does Chipotle campare to them? I have been curious about Chipotle since we just recently got one, but have never eaten there?! Been meaning to try it. Thanks.

Downtome,

I don't know that I've ever been to a Baja Fresh, so I can't compare. Francis Lam, of Salon.com did a side-by-side of Qdoba and Chipotle that gives a good description of Chipotle's food: http://www.salon.com/food/francis_lam/2011/02/23/chipotle_qdoba_burrito_taste_test/index.html
  • billyboombox
    Options
    MMMmmmm, that sounds hella good!!! But I think I like Qdoba better,... better ingredients! then GREEN tobasco sauce... I can only eat about a 1/4 of the bowl at a time so I usually have a few extra meals out of it... lol

MMmmmm naked burrito bowl!!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

Oh and there is an android app for calculating Chipotle calories on the go as well!

Thanks for that info!