New and looking to lose the last 10lbs

Options
Hi Everyone,

I just recently joined MFP to hopefully help me lose the last 10 lbs that I have been struggling to lose for quite some time now. I did lose 18 lbs before using a similar program. I felt great, but I'm not quite where I want to be yet.

MFP has been so great and easy to use!

I'm hoping to meet people on here with similar goals to help get the motivation going and help me get those last stubborn pounds off!

Replies

• monideepa
    Options
    I too am wanting to loose the extra 10 lbs. Hope to get this done with MFP
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    Hi....this site is great and super supportive!! Good luck on your weight loss and healthy lifestyle :)
    Stay motivated ;)

**add me as a friend if you would like** :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I have the thread for you then. Be prepared to sit and read. This guy is good. Click on the link in my signature: "Relatively Light and trying to get leaner".

What you need to focus on is heavy weight lifting and use cardio for your heart and to eat more.

The thread "frantic about adhering to calorie...." is also by him.

Check them all out. Great info!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose the last few pounds also... and OMG, they are so stubborn!!! Best of luck!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose the last few pounds also... and OMG, they are so stubborn!!! Best of luck!!

Try increasing your calories, change your goal to 0.5lbs/week. The closer you are to your goal the smaller your caloric deficit should be.
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    Plateau's suck! Just keep at it and you'll win.
  • grantj438
    Options
    Awesome! I'm looking to lose those last few pounds also! I've lost 55-60 in the past 20 months and i'm just looking to tone up! Good luck to you!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Try increasing your calories, change your goal to 0.5lbs/week. The closer you are to your goal the smaller your caloric deficit should be.

This is what I did (I was trying for 1-2 lbs in the beginning but it was impossible to get that kind of calorie deficit). I only wanted to lose 10 pounds. I started at 130 and now I'm at 123.4. (and most of this has been in the last month and a half).
  • amymcrawford
    Options
    the last ten is always the hardest. try paying close attention to the proteins carbohydrates fats and sugars on your chart and do your best to balance them on the charts. this is something that is different from other sites. its quite in depth about how much of each item you will be consuming and the breakdown of materials in it. be honest about your journal and make sure that you log all the things you eat and drink. it can be tempting to leave things out but trust me it only looks good on paper. also remember that if your feeling hungry at the end of the day and your out of calories go do something like shoveling the walk or cleaning something or jumping jacks. there are plenty of ways to burn your cals! good luck!
  • sabichu
    Options
    This site will give you all the answers you need. I was so lost before I started using this, really helped! good luck
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Thank you for the advice!! I've just started trying to do this, I'm hoping it will work!!