New to MFP, Definately could use Motivation!!

Options
Hi, I'm fairly new to myfitnesspal, I created my account some months ago, but never utilized it. A friend got me interested again and I'm trying to stick with tracking my food and exercise. Exercise, ugghhh!!! That's where the motivation comes in, I have a hard time sticking to an exercise plan, but I need to do this!

I'm 36 years old, been married going on 13 years and have 3 children. My weight has gone up and down over the years and it's a constant struggle for me, especially as I get older. My eating habits aren't too bad, but dinner and sweets tends to be my problem. My husband isn't much into exercise or watching what he eats, so it makes it extremely difficult for me to stay on track..... That's why I REALLY need your encouragement and motiviation!

If you struggle with some of the same issues, please "friend" me and we can encourage and support eachother! :wink:

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • dark21
    dark21 Posts: 18
    Options
    I feel as if were in the same boat lol my fiance is the same as your husband and just sit and plays xbox. I'm usually to tired to exercise but that's when you have to push your self the most. I find I eat the worst at night and ice cream is my weakness. But with the help of mfp we can do any thing. I'll add you and we can push and modvavate each other:)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried picking a fitness goal? I tended to blow off my workouts a lot as well until I signed up and started training for a half marathon. Now, I haven't skipped a workout since I started 3 weeks ago. Perhaps grab one of the month-long DVD programs or sign up for a race. Something like that gets the focus off of "im exercising to lose weight" and into "im exercising to complete this and see what my body is made of".

Works for me! Best of luck!
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried picking a fitness goal? I tended to blow off my workouts a lot as well until I signed up and started training for a half marathon. Now, I haven't skipped a workout since I started 3 weeks ago. Perhaps grab one of the month-long DVD programs or sign up for a race. Something like that gets the focus off of "im exercising to lose weight" and into "im exercising to complete this and see what my body is made of".

Works for me! Best of luck!

Hadn't ever thought of it in that respect, that's a fantastic idea! I've heard of a lot of people doing that, but never thought of the reasoning behind it, way to go!
  • lovefamily5
    lovefamily5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • trecha
    trecha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have just starting using MFP too, and work 48 hours a week and have 2 active boys, I am trying to keep tracking food and I try to at least do 30 minutes a day of exercise. I am trying to train for a 5k , so I use that to keep on going.