eating the calories you burned

Options
I am confused... are you suppose to eat the calories you burn with exercise?

Replies

• sabichu
    Options
    I'm confused too! (I know, that was no help...) I'm interested in finding out if it really is needed...
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You are going to get answers all over the palce on here. Read them all and you chose what is best for your body and you may even have to change it up once in awhile. Personally, I tried eating my exercise calories and it made me feel sick, tried eating only half...still felt waay to full. So now I don't eat them and I'm losing weight. At some point that may change but for now its working for me
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    I don't eat them, some people do but i find it impossible!! too much food...
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Do a board search and read all you can on the subject. There are so many factors that come into play.
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use them as a bit of "breathing room" lol...MFP says I should have 1200 calories per day, but if I go under-even by 1 calorie-it says I am not getting adequate nutrition. Then again, if I go over I am over my suggested calories..*sigh* so if I burn, say, 300 calories and I eat 1300, I'm still under for the day, but not "starving."
    Everyone seems to have a different answer though, you just have to find what works for you :)
  • ljmccune
    ljmccune Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've seen this topic come up several times. People have differing opinions. My thought is this. I am allowed 1310 calories a day in order to lose 1 pound per week. I've stayed right at that count pretty consistently and have lost on average 1 pound per week. If I burn any calories during exercise I will usually consume those back putting my count at 1310. I suppose if you want to lose faster don't eat the calories back.
  • ljmccune
    ljmccune Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've seen this topic come up several times. People have differing opinions. My thought is this. I am allowed 1310 calories a day in order to lose 1 pound per week. I've stayed right at that count pretty consistently and have lost on average 1 pound per week. If I burn any calories during exercise I will usually consume those back putting my count at 1310. I suppose if you want to lose faster don't eat the calories back.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I normally stay away from this one question, but..........I did read that the following applies to each and everyone of us.....

if your are MORBIDLY OBESE, OR OBESE.........No, dont eat any of your exercise calories back

if you are OVERWEIGHT, .....................................Eat only half of your exercise calories back

if you are NORMAL, ............. Eat all of your exercise calories back

again, I only read this, so I guess its hear say.............I usually ate about half for the last year ,and it paid off...........best of luck
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    I eat most of them. I enjoy eating... lots of people say food shouldn't be a reward but sometimes I get on the elliptical for another hour so I can enjoy some ice cream or cookies.

I've heard if you are eating healthy 90% of the day you have a 10% allowance for a "treat".... roughly 150 calories of ice cream, chocolate, whatever... this works for me. Exercising helps me enjoy the "treat" even more.
    I'm looking to stick with this for life, so far this is what works for me.
  • sabichu
    Options
    I always find I'm far too full and feeling sick wen I try and eat them. Sometimes I work out just to get the exercise cals though. Lol. They're for the days I wanna eat more!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Its up to you. I try not to dip into any of them unless I am going out to dinner or have something going on. If I go into them slightly I think its okay but I don't want to eat them all.