Help-Seeking 450 calorie dinner

Options
I need some ideas for a nice 450 cal dinner for myself. I'm getting a little tired of eating the same things over and over and over. 450 is close to what I have left for today. I don't think I'm going to log my "cleaning, light to moderate" minutes back since it's been here and there and sporatic...nothing major or heartpounding...not worth logging. Anybody have any dinner suggestions?

This is kinda what I have in my kitchen/ refrigerator at the moment...it's getting down to the nitty gritty:
Lettuce, cucumber, califlower, carrots, celery, baked potatoes (left overs), eggs, milk, chicken breast filets, cooked plain spaghetti (left overs), canned green beans, 80/20 hamburger, tuna, hot dogs, ham...you get the picture. Same stuff that's probably in all y'alls kitchen!! Help. I'm hungry.

Replies

• writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had an egg on an english muffin with a slice of american cheese, two slices of oscar meyer thin-sliced turkey, and a little bit of margarine. It was a quick, easy, filling dinner after an exhausting day and was 400 calories.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Saute chicken breast with some veggies and put it on a baked potato.
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bake you some fish. Aldi's has talapia fillets that are 90 calories each. You can pair that with some veggies and a salad. Best thing is, it only takes 15 to 20 minutes to make.
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    Why not a veggie and chicken stuffed baked potato? Not sure of the exact calorie count because it depends on what and how much you cook. You can even eat half of the potato with veggies and chicken and add a side salad.
  • denise980
    Options
    You could lightly season a chicken breast with salt and pepper, have half a baked potato, and then make a veggie saute with what you have for veggies.
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    Or you can just stuff the chicken with chopped veggies and add a little cheese.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i would have a big salad w/ all them veggies and chop up boiled egg and ham on it or chicken or tuna
    or make a hamburger steak w/ a baked potato and green beans
    or make homemade meatballs w/ the ground beef to put in the spagetti w/ a side salad
  • roxannemccreery
    roxannemccreery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Mama Mia: I hear ya about the same old thing. I adore grilling a piece of chicken or salmon, adding that to a salad of raw baby spinach, and roasted vegetables with a tablespoon or a little more of homemade vinaigrette. Sometimes I add a clementine in segments. But sometimes I just want a pizza ... I turn to Amy's Kitchen frozen foods a lot. Their single serve margherita pizza is about 400 calories. The dinners seem to range between 400 and 440. Some Mexican bowls are a little less. Maybe it depends on whether they have cheese or not. But when I really want to be clear about calorie consumption, and I want something different than my grilled meats, veggies and salads or omelets, I turn to that for now. Also, her quarter-pound veggie burger with a Whole Foods Wheat bun is filling and 400 calories (use mustard and dill slices or jalapeno slices to jazz it up). Great job on the weight loss! Hope this helps.
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    http://400caloriesorless.com/

This is a great website! They also have a facebook page :)
  • AngiMoss
    Options
    These things aren't listed in your current kitchen stock but if you're looking for some new ideas, here are a few I like:

Chili dogs:
    2 Hebrew National 97% Fat Free (these are the best of the low fat/fat free hot dogs)
    1 cup (or half can) of 99% Fat Free Vegetarian Chili
    2 Pieces of Sara Lee 45 Calorie Wheat or Multi-Grain Bread....toasted
    1/4 Cup of Shredded Low Fat Cheese....or a small blob of fat free sour cream.

440 calories and it doesn't taste like diet food AT ALL!

Pizza:
    Tortilla....bake on cookie sheet for a few minutes, flip over for another few minutes
    Smear tomato sauce on crisp tortilla and sprinkle pizza seasoning, or oregano (I also like to add garlic salt)
    1/4 cup low fat mozzarella
    A few slices of turkey pepperoni or canadian bacon...or those new Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles.

(I like a thin crispy crust, but if the tortilla thing is something you can't get used too, and you have the calories & carbs available, you can use a flat bread, or pocketless pita. So good!)

Blue Cheese Wedge Salad:
    Chop a head of Iceberg Lettuce into 4 pieces and use 1 quarter.
    Drizzle with a low fat blue cheese dressing
    Fry up a couple slices of turkey bacon, break up into little bits and spread over lettuce wedge
    Add slices tomato

Ideas for ways to dress up a baked potato:
    -Chili and cheese
    -Creamed corn
    -Black Beans, cheese, taco seasoning
    -Green Giant frozen Broccoli w/ cream sauce (the cauliflower one is good too,and I don't even like cauliflower!)
    -1/2 a can of Cream of "fill in blank" soup (low fat kind would be best) mixed up with frozen mixed veggies.

....now that I think about it, all of the above would probably be pretty good on top of a chicken breast too.
  • AngiMoss
    Options
    Re: 400 Calories or less site
    OH! This is awesome!
    I can definitely use this....I lost 35lbs last year, but I basically figured out what meals worked for me and stuck to 'em. I am soooo tired of eating the same thing over & over. I swear, I had soup for lunch everyday for the last year. I'm pretty over it. Thanks!
  • joanie775
    joanie775 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir fry its good
    Preheat a large skillet and add 1 tsp oil Saute 3 oz chicken breast. Add in a selection of your favorite veggies, stir frying long cooking onesfirst like carrots mushrooms broccoli and bell pepper.Stir in quick cooking veggies like bean sprouts and cabbage.Add 1/4 cup edamame beans (about 17 pods) and 3 teaspones low sodium soy sauce, and serve over 2/3 cooked brown rice.
    45g Carbohydrate 30 g Protein 11g Fat 400 Calories
  • pinkcoconutz
    Options
    Try this - Delicious 500 calorie dinners to help you lose weight: http://www.eatingwell.com/blogs/diet_blog/delicious_500_calorie_dinners_to_help_you_lose_weight
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Another good low cal recipe site.
  • tgc1974
    tgc1974 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just had this recipe tonight: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/571/Sesame-Seed-Chicken73103.shtml

I've made a few modifications for my personal tastes, but as is, the recipe is very good. Add 3/4 of a cup of quinoa and 1 cup of steamed broccoli or green beans, and you have a 450 calorie meal that is filling and well balanced (I'm a big guy, and that completely satisfies me).