the walls are closing in!!!

Options
Ntdrkyet
Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
I once again (the second day in a row) stuck in my house with my two children...who are 8 and 4. My 8 y/o has the flu and is cranky and my 4 is old son is bored. There is about 1 and a half feet of new snow outside and it's still snowing. Oh and it's school vacation week here in Maine and I took the week off of week to spend time with my kids, so this single Mom of two has not had very much adult interaction for most of the week and it's starting to get to me.....sigh I needed that

Replies

• 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!!! =) My husband has been out of town all week and we have three, one in K, a 4 year and a 3 year, talk about walls closing in, huh! Stick with it, you're doing a great thing! Maybe some movie time? I'm not fond of plugging my kids in front of the TV, but sometimes, for sanity's sake, you just have to do it. Maybe a board game, or some coloring? Do you have any puppets? Hope things go better for you, I know they do after 7pm (kids' bedtime) for me, I can veg with some TV of my own and the laptop... =) Good luck! Ooh, speaking of snow, maybe make some snow candy?? I can't remember the exact recipe, but it's snow and some sort of syrup, maybe see if you can find it on the net, for a fun something to do out of the ordinary? Good luck!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of all the snow you have! I live in PA and we have ummm...NOTHING! I love love love snow and it's just rainy and windy outside. But I know what you mean about adult interaction. I am a stay at home mom to a 5 year old girl and a 1 year old boy and I swear sometimes I sing Barney songs to myself at night. LOL! Hang in there mama!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. Last winter our vehicle died and it took 5 months for us to buy another one. I'm a stay at home mom to 5 kids ( 4 are in school) and every week I felt like I was losing my mind because I couldn't go anywhere. I was even jealous of my kids getting to go to school:) It took my toddler months after to stop asking to go somewhere every day. It's hard not having anyone to talk to or feel like you can get a away for a few minutes. I hope it gets better for you soon and your sick one gets better! I bet the kids are enjoying the time with you though:) Good luck!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Brings back memories of a Christmas vacation, then a snow storm that closed the schools for ANOTHER week! I had 3 little boys at home and I was SO ready for them to go back to school. I remember letting them build a hill down the front steps and go sledding off the porch. Maybe you could do that. Also one plus, you could shovel snow - it burns a bunch of calories. Good luck with your 'vacation' :)
  • DoreenLariviere
    Options
    I am sooo sorry, I know how you feel. I also have a 10 yr old and a very hyper 4 yr old. Its hard not to get depressed . Sometimes no matter how bad the weather I force myself outside for a short walk it really helps!
  • Ntdrkyet
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I have done most of them lol! I have heard of the snow recipe before but have not tried it yet, thanks again!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I just went outside to fill the wood furnace and had to face a strong wind and blowing snow while trudging through drifts close to 3 feet deep.

Feeling a bit on the edge of sanity so can feel for you.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    *waves* Hello fellow Mainer! I feel your pain
  • Ntdrkyet
    Options
    *waves* Hello fellow Mainer! I feel your pain

*waves* I believe this is what they call "cabin fever" lol
  • Ntdrkyet
    Options
    I am sooo sorry, I know how you feel. I also have a 10 yr old and a very hyper 4 yr old. Its hard not to get depressed . Sometimes no matter how bad the weather I force myself outside for a short walk it really helps!

I would love to go for a walk right now, but those pesky snow plows....... I live in a place with no side walks, not that I would be able to trudge through those either lol! Thanks for your suggestion anyway, glad to know I am not alone.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Yes, most definately cabin fever...lol I need SPRING!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I am not a single mother and I'm in temperate weather..BUT I can relate to really wanting some adult conversation. I absolutely realize that I'm fortunate to be a SAHM with tons of support but I'm nursing my son and he sleeps on me A LOT which is why I can post throughout the day! I'm bored and I've been in the cave of my house for seven months now. I like *some* solitude naturally but wow..I'm ready to start knocking on my neighbors doors to talk their ear off. lol.
    I hope that you get a nice spring :)
  • Ntdrkyet
    Options
    I was able to stay home with both of my babes for the first three months, I remember waiting for the mailman to show up just to see someone "big" lol!
    Bedtime is a little over an hour away! I can do this
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    HA! I am from Maine too! So I feel you there...