I WANT CHOOLATE!

Options
2»

Replies

• moonay
    moonay Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a glass of skimmed milk with some chocolate nesquik powder in, less calories than eating a load of chocolate and the milk makes it quite filling. But drink slowly!

I also sometimes have choco snaps with skimmed milk. A 25g portion gives you a nice chocolate hit, again less calories than chocolate.

Both work for me.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well firstly, I have to lift my hat off to you for eating one square of a chocolate bar then putting it away. I am a self proclaimed chocoholic and there is NO way I could do that....so I don't bother buying chocolate bars anymore.

I try to satisfy my cravings with low calorie chocolate flavored stuff eg. chocolate soy milk....chocolate pudding....dark chocolate roasted almonds....jello mousse temptations are good too. Sadly I find alot of these items are not very filling but they if u need a quick chocolate fix, they will do ;o)
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Options or Cadburys hot chocolate, 39 calories a cup (without milk), a tad more with milk, but so chocolatey you dont feel like anything else once you've finished.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Vitatops in Deep Chocolate. You can find them at Kroger or Target in the freezer section. YUM!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I warm up a deep chocolate Vita Top in the microwave :) Or have a York Peppermint Pattie :D

most of the suggestions (other than dark chocolate) are pretty high in sugar. But a normal size peppermint patty has only 2.5g of fat. That's the lowest fat candy bar I have found and it's soooo good.

Do you like almonds? Emerald makes Cocoa Roast Almonds that are really good. Only 1g of sugar per ounce serving. The fats are good for you fats and even an ounce can be pretty filling. That's 28 almonds! And almonds are great for weight loss.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Almonds are good.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do toast with nutella on it. It's so yummy and curbs the chocolate craving!

I love nutella!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I warm up a deep chocolate Vita Top in the microwave :) Or have a York Peppermint Pattie :D

most of the suggestions (other than dark chocolate) are pretty high in sugar. But a normal size peppermint patty has only 2.5g of fat. That's the lowest fat candy bar I have found and it's soooo good.

Do you like almonds? Emerald makes Cocoa Roast Almonds that are really good. Only 1g of sugar per ounce serving. The fats are good for you fats and even an ounce can be pretty filling. That's 28 almonds! And almonds are great for weight loss.

That's why I love dark chocolate! I buy the really dark stuff, so it only has 3 or 4g of sugar per serving. I couldn't eat a ton of it at once because it's so rich.

Hmm.... I might try to make my own homemade cocoa almonds. I've wanted to try them, but I hate paying that much for a little bag when you can get bulk almonds much cheaper.
  • mommabear2002
    Options
    Im a big fan of vita top, deep chocolate vita tops to be exact. They have tons of fiber and vitamins and they're pretty big for only 100 calories, and the best part is they have chocolate chips on top. I eat one almost every night. I ran out and am craving one like crazy lol. Oh and I just discovered 100 calorie nutty bars.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

I like Nutella on toasted English Muffins. The Nutella gets soft and melty and reminds me of the chips in a fresh baked chocolate chip.

And chocolate milk. I have it at bedtime just about every night. :heart:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    when I want something I eat it
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I love Nutella. YUMMY!! :)
  • Effster
    Effster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For me, hands down: CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES

Strawberries are low-cal and good for you, and you can portion out how much chocolate you want to melt. For the semi-sweet Baker's Dipping Chocolate, it's 10 calories a piece.

The chocolate covered strawberries taste delicious and rich, and I can never eat more than two at a time, something I have a hard time doing with ANYTHING else chocolate.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, but getting better control since started MFP. I found myself have better control if I eat one square slowly. Smaller bites, enjoy it longer. Once I got want I suppose to have, I walk away busy myself with something else. It seems helped.
  • GraciellaEsther
    Options
    I heard if you stop and brush your teeth it helps. I guess the toothpaste ruins the taste.

toothpaste tends to ruin the flavor of alot of things !:wink: thanks!
  • GraciellaEsther
    Options
    What kind of chocolate are you eating? I find I am more satisfied with a little dark chocolate......at least 70% but usually I eat 85%. I don't eat milk chocolate because I find it hard to quit.

I still have all my valentines chocolates! I love them to death and am trying to ration them cuz they have 70 calories hidden in that creamy goodness!!
  • GraciellaEsther
    Options
    Thanks for all the amazing ideas! i'll definatly try some of them!
  • aktx
    aktx Posts: 2
    Options
    I found some Chocolate flavored liquid stevia. Now, it's not really as good as chocolate, but it takes away my dessert cravings after a meal. I only eat 70%, 85% or raw cocoa nibs. I really don't like the sweet stuff any more. I like the bitterness of the less sweet chocolates.
  • ian191
    ian191 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is just me, but when I have a non-fat strawberry yogurt, I squeeze a tad bit of Hershey's chocolate syrup in it and stir it up.
  • GraciellaEsther
    Options
    This is just me, but when I have a non-fat strawberry yogurt, I squeeze a tad bit of Hershey's chocolate syrup in it and stir it up.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!