P90X dvds freeze or won't play

Options
I bought a set of P90X dvds. The packaging looked completely legit and it comes with all the manuals and guides and calendars. The dvd's are in a little cardboard booklet with plastic sleeves, so everything leads me to believe that they are not bootlegs.

I bought them from a guy who claimed to have gotten it for his birthday and he didnt want it.

The first dvd played through fine. No skipping, no freezing, the second day, the dvd bumped a little, no big deal, third day and the thing would pause for a second here and there, but today is the worst. I put in Legs and Back and the thing wont get out of the beginning menu. Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got Got. Did you buy off of Craigslist or Ebay? Can you play it on your computer?
    The DVD's from the company do not come in any plastic sleeves.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I bought mine online from their store. I did have one issue with them freezing one day. I was super pi$$ed too as I was all pumped for my workout. the same problem with yours - it was stuck in the menu area.

I think i shut the dvd player down, fiddled around with the remote batteries (put new ones in) and let it sit for 10 mins. And luckily it seemed to work. Not sure if it was my dvd player (or remote) or what....

are the dvd's scratched? can you see any marks?
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Do you know the guy? It could be from someone illegally selling them. This is a very common problem.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    mine is a bootlegged version....and it plays fine ;)
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I looked at the bottom of the discs, they look like they are nicked internally. Not like there is a scratch, but like there is a bubble under the surface. I windexed the disc and put it back in and it works. I am going to try to copy them to see if I can run them off of a copy.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    sounds like you should have just burned them like 90% of the population
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'd try another player my Power 90 disc played fine in the computer, but would lockup part way thru in my bluray. I bought another $40 dvd player and have not had any problems.