Feeling hungry

Options
I set my goal to lose 1.5 pounds per week, and it calculated me to be able to eat 1890 calories/day. I try to eat less than this, I like to stick between 1250-1600 if possible. I've already lost 16 lbs using MFP so it is working, but I ALWAYS FEEL HUNGRY!!

I drink 1.5-2 litres of water everyday and when I start to feel hungry I drink water, but it doesn't really work!

Does anybody have any advice for me?

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
    The calories they gave you are creating a deficit to lose 1.5 lb a week. As you lose your daily calories will be reduced. IF you are hungry you should eat more. It will work.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
    The calories they gave you are creating a deficit to lose 1.5 lb a week. As you lose your daily calories will be reduced. IF you are hungry you should eat more. It will work.
    I have to agree. Work the plan as it was written if you want to be successful in the long run. It's worked for many people! :tongue:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Eat more fiber! I just ate a cup of quinoa and boy am I stuffed! Bulgur wheat is good too....I eat it instead of rice or pasta. It is very filling. Look for other foods that have "high fiber", like cereals and granola bars. Just watch your carbs intake so you don't go over your limit.
  • autumn5gabby
    Options
    I think fiber is important and protein. A woman should have 75-100 grams of protein a day and the protein on here is to low. Are you having snacks and water?
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think fiber is important and protein. A woman should have 75-100 grams of protein a day and the protein on here is to low. Are you having snacks and water?

Thank you...I always go over on protein knowing that protein is a good thing but wasn't sure how much I needed!
  • cjfoster
    Options
    You can eat more just be mindful of what you eat. Cucumbers, celery, lettuce (fresh fruits and veggies) have become good friends
  • ninx123
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I really appreciate it. :flowerforyou: