Hello, my name is Jay

Options
Hey Guys, my name is Jay, I'm an art teacher. Currently I weigh @330. I used to weigh 400 at my heaviest. I've got diabetes and high blood pressure (surprise, hard to believe?). I'm looking to weigh 250 or less. I started using MFP as app on my iphone, and found it really handy. I've been using my wife lately (she records my calorie totals every evening an we weigh together every Saturday) and that strategy has worked very well for me. Having somebody else to help hold you accountable is SO IMPORTANT! When I started MFP, I weighed 342, so it's working well so far. I look forward to meeting some people to help inspire me!
Thanks, Jay

Replies

• Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Good luck!
    And I always loved every single art teacher I ever had!!!!
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    welcome and great job - before you know it you won't have to take meds anymore- or at :wink: least less -
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    Hey!! Great work so far. We'll be here with you every step of your journey :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything! Everyone here on MFP is absolutely fabulous, I'm sure you'll like it!
  • courtrey88
    Options
    Nice to meet you Jay! What kind of art do you teach? I majored in photography and love all kinds of art :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Hey, Jay! Welcome. You're gonna love it here. So much support and incredible info. :) Glad to have you.
  • Rockin23
    Options
    Hi jay! Good luck!
  • mrjason
    mrjason Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jay -

We're about 10 pounds apart but other than that, you've basically descibed me and my situation as well. I've been on this website for about a week, and it's going to save my life. I need support, I give support, it works out well. Let's kick our diabetes together!
  • sandradickie
    sandradickie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcom Jay! I think you will find this site very helpful. I have enjoyed meeting people like yourself. I am waiting for my husband to jump on the band wagon as he also has diabetes and other health issues. Again, WELCOME!!
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Hi Jay and welcome. Looks like your off to a great start, this is the place to be for the tools and support to help you on this journey. Good luck to you! Look forward to hearing more successes.
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jay!

Can I join you and MrJason in the "kick our diabetes" club? I think it took me a year to even admit I had diabetes - my blood sugar was just a little high sometimes :noway: I have been on here since January and for the first time ever I can't wait to get my A1C next month! Together we can all do this!
    Cathy