Back pain

Fab140
Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Happy Monday ladies and gents! :flowerforyou:

I had a pretty good weekend, lots of fun. :happy: The hubby is working on his swimming for the Coast Guard tests. So we were swimming a LOT this weekend (thank goodness for the indoor pool!!). Also, while being "silly" (:drinker: ) we were walking around the park and found a soccer ball. Being as silly as we were, we started kicking it around and playing. I'm not really sure what caused my back pain (feels like a pulled muscle in my lower back.) but I do know that even just sitting hurts.

I want to work out as much as possible, but I'm afraid of making it worse. Any suggestions?

M

Replies

• Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Happy Monday ladies and gents! :flowerforyou:

I had a pretty good weekend, lots of fun. :happy: The hubby is working on his swimming for the Coast Guard tests. So we were swimming a LOT this weekend (thank goodness for the indoor pool!!). Also, while being "silly" (:drinker: ) we were walking around the park and found a soccer ball. Being as silly as we were, we started kicking it around and playing. I'm not really sure what caused my back pain (feels like a pulled muscle in my lower back.) but I do know that even just sitting hurts.

I want to work out as much as possible, but I'm afraid of making it worse. Any suggestions?

M
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Be easy on yourself - walking should be fine though.
  • As crazy as it sounds the best thing is to move around and get oxygen flowing to the area that is in pain. I know all about this, as I have had similar pains before and am currently experiencing this with my left hip. Just walk at a normal pace and it will feel better. Make sure you are icing it as well and that should alleviate some of the pain. Have you tried ibuprofen to relieve some of the inflammation?
  • Ice it. Rest it for a few days. Then do some very light stretches. Experience with chronic back pain. It works for me. If that doesn't work see the doctor, just to be safe.
This discussion has been closed.