Overly concerned frined getting on my nerves

Options
my fried has the same hieght as me and the same body build. The problem? im 25 lbs lighter then her. We are both on the healthy range in our bmis but mine is closer to the underweight side and she close to the fat side of the healthy range. She says that if i loss anymore weight she will "take action agaisnt me" i am not so much trying to loss weight but cut out so much candy and sweets from my diet. atleast 30% of all the food i eat comes from candy/ cakes/ icecream and i want to change that. I lost a frw pounds cause when you replace candy for veggies it has a positive change on your body. she says i dont eat enough. I follow the healthy outline for my body. so far she has informed two teachers that i dont eat enough and i am being questioned by them. they are concerned fro me but nothing is going on. I do not have an eating disorder but she is giving other people the impression i do. she thinks i do because i am lighter then her. how do i handle this? i think that she might be partially jealous because wellt o be honest, i have several guys fighting for my attention right now and she likes a few of the guys that like me but they dont like her. i think she may be a bit jealous. she has also gotten some of my friends that she knows worried about me. How do i handle this one?

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    why do youo want to be friends with someone who isnt happy foryou??
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    why do youo want to be friends with someone who isnt happy foryou??

she is my best friend but i just dont think she understands
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I'd tell her to back off. You aren't stupid and you're not going to harm yourself. She needs to take care of herself and you will take care of you.

And what's with this "take action against you"? LOL Sounds like she's jealous she's not being healthier. Misery loves company.
  • AutimnRose
    Options
    Thats a tough one. Since she is a friend then she is probably concerned. If you guys are close maybe you should just try talking to her. If you are honestly just being healthy then she will see that. And as far as being jealous, that may be part of it. I know I have had moments of jealousy with my best friend. But once I realized that was my problem (notice I said I realized, that was something I had to figure out on my own) I could try to look past it and see if there was a real problem. Once any hard feelings that may be there get sorted out maybe she will start to fallow your lead once she sees how much happier and healthier you are.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    try to eat move protein which will build muscle. That way you won't lose weight but maintain. As far as your friend and teachers tell them or show them your diary and what you are doing. Then tell them to butt out.
  • elfie9863
    Options
    Just go do your homework, and don't worry about it.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Ok I'm quite confused. How can she truly cause anything to happen to you via authorities ?? You are 20! Not 12..
    I'd have a very assertive freaking talk with this BFF!
    Along the lines of : "I'm eating healthy foods in the proper calorie range and have a different body type and metabolic rate than you; you are getting into aggressive Frenemy territory lay OFF and mind your own nutrition! "

End of story! I would *not* bring the dudes up because that is a can of worms you don't want to open along with this pushy passive aggressive behavior of hers.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    go to your DR. Tell him what your doing and let him know how well your doing and how good you feel. Ask him to write you a note basically saying your ok. Take said letter to copy store. Make 100 copies. Plaster so called "friends" room with it and anytime she says anything, tell her when she has a medical degree she can give you advice, untill then.....................
    BTW im only 1/2 kidding about this lol