Going to Disney on the 26th!

Options
There are 14 of us! My family and my husbands 2 brothers and their families. We're going for 5 days. I hope to stay the same weight and be very careful eating! Hopefully all the walking will help. We are renting a house and will be making breakfast (hopefully be able to bring lunches) and probably cook a couple of dinners. I have to make sure I'm conscious of what will be around me and watch what I put in my mouth.

Now,
I haven't been there since I was 14 (24 years ago, ouch!)
Any tips??? What rides we can't miss, etc. I don't have time to read books, internet posts (besides this) since we've only got a week left.
By the way, my kids out of the 14 of us are the only ones that don't know we're going! It's going to be such a surprise (they're 5 & 8). We're going to pull them out of school a little early. They think we're going to PA to an indoor water park! haha little do they know, we'll be getting on a plane with their cousins!

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    There are 14 of us! My family and my husbands 2 brothers and their families. We're going for 5 days. I hope to stay the same weight and be very careful eating! Hopefully all the walking will help. We are renting a house and will be making breakfast (hopefully be able to bring lunches) and probably cook a couple of dinners. I have to make sure I'm conscious of what will be around me and watch what I put in my mouth.

Now,
    I haven't been there since I was 14 (24 years ago, ouch!)
    Any tips??? What rides we can't miss, etc. I don't have time to read books, internet posts (besides this) since we've only got a week left.
    By the way, my kids out of the 14 of us are the only ones that don't know we're going! It's going to be such a surprise (they're 5 & 8). We're going to pull them out of school a little early. They think we're going to PA to an indoor water park! haha little do they know, we'll be getting on a plane with their cousins!
  • jenbar
    Options
    nobody gonna help a sista out?
  • tjcarle200
    Options
    Eating healthy in disney will be tough!! I went there last two years ago in may! If you go to epcot, the Moroccan restaurant had an amazing vegetarian cous cous that was TO DIE FOR!!! Also there are many places where you can stop in for a quick salad or sandwich, but watch out those ice cream and sweets will get you every time.
  • tjcarle200
    Options
    Rides not to miss: Rockin Roller Coaster (MGM)
    Mission Space (Epcot)
    Space mountain (Magic Kingdom)
    Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)

There is just soo much to do and see.

And for the grown ups!!!! Downtown disney is a fun pace to hang out and shop ect.!!!!
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Are you going to CA or FL?

This is for the parks in CA

California Adventure: The rides I really like are Soaring over California, Tower of Terror, Screaming (I think the name may be longer, it's the roller coaster that goes upside down in the Mickey ears) and Mulholland Madness.

Disneyland: If you have little kids and can get in line when the park opens, the new ride Finding Nemo is neat, but otherwise the line is too long for what you get out of it. The Haunted Mansion may be closed since it usually opens with the Nightmare Before Christmas at the beginning of October. Other rides that are good are Pirates of the Caribean, the Matterhorn bobsleds, Space Mountain, and the train roller coaster (I can't remember the name right now). Indiana Jones is very popular, but for me it is too jerky. If you like corny jokes be sure to go on the Jungle Cruise. Nearly all the rides are good though, it depends on your taste and the ages of who goes with you.

The French Market at Disneyland has a fairly healthy kids meal (which makes a good meal for me, and they don't care if you're a kid or not) with grilled chicken, rice, fruit, and milk or juice. They are getting more healthy options scattered throughout so if you have to buy it doesn't have to sabotage you. I generally don't worry about total calories but choose healthier options and find I don't gain weight.

If you're going to FL I don't know if any of this will "transfer"

Hope you have fun
  • Kimosabe
    Options
    To be honest I haven't read any body elses posts...

I just got back from Disney in July, and I wouldn't really worry about the calories you eat. You will do so much walking that it will pretty much even out. Just don't go walking around with a turkey leg everywhere you go ($6 a leg). There are places to eat somewhat healthy there, just don't expect to get a calorie count from the establishments.

Just go and have fun don't worry about counting!!!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Thanks!
    we're going to Florida. We're so excited.
    ?????
    We're having issues on whether to bring all carryons and dealing with the 3 oz. in quart bag stuff, or checking 1 bag with all our toiletries.

Any advice on that?

We haven't flown in 9 years, so everything has changed. We really didn't want to have to check our bags. I figured we'd get all carry ons and keep all our stuff with us, so we wouldn't have to wait. We arrive in FL at 8:30 at night and after getting the cars and getting to the house we didn't want to have to wait to get our luggage and arrive at the house really late.
    Any thoughts?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I am jotting these tips down. We're going in the Spring!

Have fun Jennifer!:flowerforyou: