biggest loser

Options
I dont know if anyone watched the show last night. If you did, who are you rooting for?
I personally am rooting for the yellow team. Also, they had a new gadget that the contestants had. It is a calorie burner calculator that they had wrapped around their arm. It showed exactly how many calories they burned during their workout.Does anyone know where you can get one of those?
thanks.

Replies

• lk14040
    Options
    I dont know if anyone watched the show last night. If you did, who are you rooting for?
    I personally am rooting for the yellow team. Also, they had a new gadget that the contestants had. It is a calorie burner calculator that they had wrapped around their arm. It showed exactly how many calories they burned during their workout.Does anyone know where you can get one of those?
    thanks.
  • mam4371
    Options
    I liked the yellow team too.. its such a wake up call for that guy...very sad!

I also like the pink team...those ladies are already gorgeous:smile:
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    I haven't made up my mind on who to route for yet. That thing on their arm I think they said was made by Nike. Maybe try their web site?.....not sure...just an idea.
    It was a great show though...not sure if I'm just a suck or not but boy...I think I cried like 10 times!!!!!:cry:
    I'm such a suck!!
  • wannabee
    Options
    I did see the show and I am a huge (pardon pun) fan . I have not decided who I'm for yet, but yes, the yellow team is quite compelling. and the gadget of wich you speak of on the episode would be so cool to have. I wondere if those are available to us biggest losers not on the show.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It's called a BodyBug. They are sold through a program at 24 hour Fitness. You wear them all the time and they measure your calories burned and I think eaten. The data is then downloaded into a computer program where you can set goals and take charge of your weight loss.

Gosh, where have I heard of that before?

Here is a link:

http://mystore.24hourfitness.com/product_details.php?item=400005298004
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The BodyBug is a heart rate monitor. I saw it at 24hr Fitness for $299.00. I bought the Polar F11, another heart rate monitor, on Amazon for $160.00 and it is GREAT. The Polar has gotten some really good reviews-I had googled it.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: I watched the show but haven't decided what team I'm really rooting for. I do like the pink team though! Maybe after next week I'll be able to narrow it down.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think they all won by being selected for the show. Did you see the couple who 'lost'? They LOST all right a combined 100 pounds!

Now thats winnin ba-bay!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this show...and sat & watched it, bawling my eyes out. This & Extreme Makeover: Home Edition are Kleenex Shows! I usually don't make up my mind who I want to win until the first few episodes. I really liked the father/son, black team. The dad reminded me of my uncle. :)
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    thanks.

It's called the Body Bugg. Just google it, it costs close 2 $300. I will be using one shortly, as a guinea pig for the gym. They are lending it to me for free!

Carol
  • arjames82
    Options
    I think they all won by being selected for the show. Did you see the couple who 'lost'? They LOST all right a combined 100 pounds!

Now thats winnin ba-bay!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

The Green Team looked awsome if their "after" video. I love the show, but the eliminated teams inspire me more than the teams that stay on campus because they go back to real world and are still able to have amazing weight loss results.
  • BBCoachKel72
    BBCoachKel72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask that same question hahah! I want one! I noticed they were using them last season, but never mentioned them until this season. Guess last year was the trial period, now it's the promotional season? :happy:
    I'm getting one hahaha!
    Kelly
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Yellow team and the tom guys.. brown I think? This is the first episode I have ever seen of BL, and I cried as much as extreme home makeover! It was really emotional!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I did cry as well!!! :cry: :cry: I like the pink team and also the couple that has the 63lb 4 yr old daughter. That is soooooooo sad!!! And Jillian is brutal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    thanks.

It's called the Body Bugg. Just google it, it costs close 2 $300. I will be using one shortly, as a guinea pig for the gym. They are lending it to me for free!

Carol

Arrgh! So jealous of you right now! Great score! Keep us posted. . .:flowerforyou:
  • Jackiemal
    Jackiemal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love BL, it is so inspiring. Although I have to confess in previous years I have been known to eat some potato chips while watching. :laugh: I'd keep expecting Jillian to jump out of the TV and yell at me. lol

GRRRRR....I haven't seen the 1st episode yet, they decided to put on baseball instead! :grumble: They said they would show it again this weekend on a different station. Of course its a station I can't get. :grumble: Hopefully they won't do it again.

Jackie

89924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

'How does one become a butterfly?, she asked. 'You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.'
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I did cry as well!!! :cry: :cry: I like the pink team and also the couple that has the 63lb 4 yr old daughter. That is soooooooo sad!!! And Jillian is brutal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I agree. But later on, she does soften up. Guess it's like teaching the first day of school, be tough and don't let them know or they will walk all over you!

Viviakay: Will definitely let you know how it goes with the body bugg.

Carol
  • arjames82
    Options
    here's another link for information on the Body Bugg

http://www.bodybugg.com/
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Yellow team and the tom guys.. brown I think? This is the first episode I have ever seen of BL, and I cried as much as extreme home makeover! It was really emotional!

The Toms are gray. Vicky and Brady are brown. (Am I BWL nerd, or what?)

I feel a good energy from Ed and Heda (orange). I think they're going to do well. I also really liked Brady and Vicky (brown). Coleen (yellow) is amazing for getting immunity for her dad!

I've been watching the show since the first season and this cast has the best energy, like, ever. They all genuinely care about each other which is awesome! :happy:
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Somehow I'm enjoying Biggest Loser a bit more since I've managed to lose some weight of my own. :)

I do have to wonder though, how those folks managed to lose SO much weight just in the first week.

Do you think they loaded up with water weight before they got there, just to boost their numbers?