Pain in upper body.....

Options
For the last few days I have had pain from about halfway point of my back and up, in my neck, shoulders, and sometimes it feels like my rib cage is squeezing me too tight. Not soreness, actual pain, the kind I can live with, but I would just rather not. I thought I may have done an exercise wrong the other day. The last time I used weights I felt like I pulled a muscle in my arm pit? I also started using resistance bands while I walk on the treadmill to help work my arms, plus did some new ball exercises. I have taken it easy for a couple of night but it is still here. It hurts most when I sit, I have to change positions a lot. Any ideas what it might be?

Replies

• CKMama81
    Options
    It could be your gallbladder. Have you had it checked? Does it flare up even more if you eat something heavy? Gallbladder or stones can cause pains that radiate up through your shoulder blades and up into your neck. However, it could really be anything from a muscle strain, to a bruised rib...I would check with your Doctor if it persists much longer!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor. No one can diagnose you over the internet. If the pain has lasted for a few days, you need to get it looked at.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Yeah, see a doctor. My inclination is perhaps a pulled muscle or out of alignment vertebrae, so maybe a chiropractor.

Like Celo said, this isn't the best way to get diagnosed. :) Hope you get fixed soon, though. I've had some nice pinched nerves in my back that have made it hurt to breathe or simply exist, so I get your plight.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    YOU COULD HAVE OVERDONE IT A BIT AT THE GYM, BUT IF THE PAIN DOESN'T GET BETTER IN A DAY OR TWO, I'D CHECK WITH MY DOCTOR.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    YOU COULD HAVE OVERDONE IT A BIT AT THE GYM, BUT IF THE PAIN DOESN'T GET BETTER IN A DAY OR TWO, I'D CHECK WITH MY DOCTOR.

Thank you! My gallbladder was taken out 8 years ago and I really appreciate the criticism from the others :wink:
  • RogerParrish
    Options
    I suffered the similar pains you are describing. It hurt so much that I thought I was having a heart attack, driving myself to the hospital, telling them that I was having chest pains. After an almost immediate admitting, and a series of tests, the doctors told me that I had pulled one or more of the muscles that surround the rib cage. The pain was excruciating, but eventually lessened and then subsided completely after about five days. I hope this helps. Regardless of my experience, please see your physician as soon as you can; it is only prudent. Best regards, Roger