Shakeology CleanseIm

Options
:happy: :happy: I'm going to be doing the Shakeology Cleanse soon. has anyone experienced good reults while doing the cleanse. Once every month or so I wan to rid my body of any unnatural chemicals. I know shakeology is a healthy way of doing so. If you had any good/bad results please let me know.

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you're eating clean (fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, low fat dairy, lots of water) you shouldn't need to cleanse. Your body cleanses itself, that's what the liver and kidneys are for. Just eat healthy foods and drink lots of water and you won't have toxins in your body.
  • ybroussard
    ybroussard Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My friend is doing the master cleanse...but what no additives said is true. Drink lots of water.
  • MuchGiven
    Options
    Hey Lashawn,

I've done the shakeology cleanse twice so far. The 1st time was rough, but the 2nd time was a lot easier. Changing my overall eating habits really helped but it's def a mind over matter thing. As far as the benefits I think that it really made a big difference bcuz you're filling yourself with all the rights things, but just in a liquid form and you actually feel somewhat satisfied. Another benefit was also the weight loss (yay!!) The 1st time I think I dropped a good 4lbs, this past time I only hit around 2/3lbs, but I think that was mostly due to me not being able to really workout like I should have, I was only able to squeeze in 1 really good day of excercise. Overall I would recommand you at least give it a try it will def help jumpstart your lifestyle change (or diet, whichever you prefer to call it). And lastly I'm not sure if the cleanse would be something to do once a month, it may serve you better to use it to begin a whole new way of eating by slowing eliminating things from your diet that really serve no good purpose (refined sugars, empty carbs/calories) but that's just my personal opinion. All in all I wish you the best and pray that you ultimately achieve your goals!

God bless and keep on pushing!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have never done a cleanse with Shakeology, but I have been taking it everyday for a long time now. Personally I have only seen good results using Shakeology. While I don't believe that anyone "needs" a cleanse, I also feel that for someone who isn't accustomed to clean eating all the time it can really be helpful. I have found that I am less bloated after having Shakeology, and...um, I'm just plain "regular" while drinking it. Yogurt is supposed to help you that way, too, but I have had much results with Shakeology.

That being said, I believe that the cleanse is supposed to be for people not used to eating a clean diet all the time because it will clean you out, so to speak, by regulating your digestive system to the point where it simply removes all the crud from it that is moving slowly through it. The weight loss is a combination of this and eating at a calorie deficit those 3 days.

Just remember that after you finish the cleanse to continue to eat a healthy diet afterwards. I have spoken with a number of people who have experienced some not-so-great things with having Shakeology coupled with a not-so-great diet...namely diarrhea. I've never heard of that "side effect" from someone who eats a decent diet to begin with, but people going from bad to as clean as possible overnight have had this happen. Just a thought.