The bad and good foods when it comes to your waistline

Options
Has anyone had any experiences with certain foods that seem to help your waistline shrink? I would also like to know if anyone knows of any foods that seem to be specifically bad for the waistline?

Replies

• missduffbug
    Options
    Apples and nuts are good for losing weight, even though not sufficient just on their own. I know nuts have oil in them but it does work!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    No one food can target your waistline.
    It's just math. Eat less calories than you burn and you'll lose weight.
  • JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No food will have an impact on specific body-area fat loss. Where fat settles is all in the genetics.
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    Eat CLEAN and you will see changes and feel a lot better! It will def. help! Yes it's true you can't spot lose or choose where you lose weight BUT you can choose what you put in your mouth.
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Eating less sodium helps me to feel less bloated but like someone already said, you can't spot lose weight :)
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    No one food can target your waistline.
    It's just math. Eat less calories than you burn and you'll lose weight.

Well said :happy:
  • faithahiggins
    Options
    Like everyone else said, no specific food will shrink your waistline. It will shrink in proportion with everything else. BUT here are some serious don'ts!!! Chips, Pasta, granola bars or any snack bar, nuts (in excess can be very dangerous because you're think your being healthy). My moddo is anything you couldn't find in nature exaclty that way in not good! I think it's funny how people are surprised that eating a lot bread and grain can make you gain a lot of weight, when it's like... "where else is nature could you eat like a pound of wheat?" You would have to be grazing and chewing for hours which would burn of your calories hah anyway.
    Try, Seafood! Shrimp, scallops, fish, apples, bananas, squash, brocolli, eggs, cabbage, cottage cheese, est.
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    There is no bad foods, just bad habits. Eat in moderation and you can enjoy anything.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I follow the principles of "The Abs Diet- Get Fit, Stay Fit Plan". I try to keep most of my food within the 12 'powerfoods' listed in the book. A very fit person that I admire always says "great abs are made in the kitchen. 75% diet, 25% exercise." I believe that. Since following the principles of that book, I've lost 42 pounds so far, in about 7 months. I don't feel deprived at all. I just make better choices. It's a lifestyle.
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    can you share the 12 power foods??
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Sure. They are posted on the internet. Just type in 12 power foods abs diet . I bought the book on e-bay (used) for about four bucks and minimal shipping. It also has a ton of exercises in it.
  • reginarb
    Options
    Thanks for the ads diet info. I am going to use those 12 foods as my staples!
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    1) Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact.
    2) Beans and Other Legumes
    3) Spinach and Other Green Vegetables
    4) Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
    5) Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored
    6) Eggs
    7) Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
    8) Peanut Butter - All-natural, sugar-free.
    9) Olive Oil
    10) Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
    11) Extra-Protein (Whey) Powder
    12) Raspberries and Other Berries
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    bump