Love this site!

Options
A friend had recommended this site, and I just got started earlier this week. I used to keep a food and exercise journal for several years and managed to keep my weight at a healthy 135 lbs using that method. I had some health issues over the past few years, and I ballooned to 190 lbs. I have lost over 25 lbs, but still have a another 30-40 lbs to go to get back to a comfortable weight.

The first day of recording my food was an eye opener. I started at night and so I could see how much I was eating, if I just ate "normally" without a plan to manage my calories. The result? 2200 calories and no exercise. Even though I am eating healthy, organic, unprocessed foods, I am just eating way too much of it. I love the fact that the site shows net calories per day, so it's very obvious when I need to workout (or restrain myself) to be able to hit my calorie quota for the day. Looking forward to taking control of my weight,.

Replies

• hlmpyar
    Options
    Congratulations of the 25 lb. weight loss. It sounds like you're dedicated so i'm sure you'll get down to your goal in a good amount of time. I've been here about a week as well and also thinking keeping a food diary is an eye opener. I didn't realize so many foods had sugar in them. Good luck with your goals. :)
  • allynfinito
    Options
    love this site too....we will loose our weight for sure...