any suggestions?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on what exercise dvds are effective, fun, and (hopefully) easy to learn??

I don't exercise beyond chasing my children around after work.... so i'm new to this. I am just lost. I have watched some infomercials and they make everything look promising.!! I want to know from personal experience, where do I start?

I would rather enroll in an actual class because I believe it would work better, but, unfortunately I live in a small town that doesn't have a y or a gym, or any classes. So it's up to me!!!

Thanks so much :):happy: :happy:

Replies

• jmureddu
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what exercise dvds are effective, fun, and (hopefully) easy to learn??

I don't exercise beyond chasing my children around after work.... so i'm new to this. I am just lost. I have watched some infomercials and they make everything look promising.!! I want to know from personal experience, where do I start?

I would rather enroll in an actual class because I believe it would work better, but, unfortunately I live in a small town that doesn't have a y or a gym, or any classes. So it's up to me!!!

Thanks so much :):happy: :happy:
  • jillb2727
    Options
    I don't know if you have On Demand Exercise & Fitness, but I choose the Biggest Loser ones. They are easy to follow (require minimum coordination which I have none of) & are only about 22 minutes long. It works up a good sweat though!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has a lot of great DVD's. That's why I love to exercise at home, I have 3 kids so it's easier to work out early in the AM for me!

You can click on my profile for a link. There are lots of fun DVD's like Turbo Jam and Slim in 6 (you've probably seen the infomercials) that will give you great results! Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Jess
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I don't have many DVD's but if you want something for just starting out for you abs. I was really quite surprised and pleased to find one from Tony Little . It was very inexpensive and I was pleasantly surprised at how motivating he was. Its the only one I personally have but for just starting out it was very good.

Good luck.
  • homeschoolingmomma
    Options
    I have older Walk Away the Pounds tapes and I really like them. I think the are perfect for people who are just starting to exercise. You work up a sweat and there is a lot of flexibility in each tape. For example, starting out you can do more shallow arm movements and no weights. Then you can progress to weights with more shallow arm movements and so on. Then there are different miles so sometimes I would do just one and sometimes I would combine two. So...hmmm...all this talking about it, I need to start doing them again.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you love to dance--Zumba is so very much fun. I hardly feel like I'm working out.
    I also enjoy the Walk Away the Pounds videos.
  • jmureddu
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses. :) I really appreciate it.

I saw one a few months ago that looked kind of cool, urban rebounder.. anyone heard of it??
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses. :) I really appreciate it.

I saw one a few months ago that looked kind of cool, urban rebounder.. anyone heard of it??

Have not -- the name sounds fun though
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Denise Autins "Targeting Female Fat Zones" need small hand weights and exercise ball.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites that are well developed programs and easy enough to learn the moves on include:
    Power 90
    Slim in 6

They are both put out by Beachbody... send me a PM if you want to know more about them. They are good stuff!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I am a loser but I always found Richard Simmons fun.....you can get excercise and laugh at yourself all at the same time. Plus I use to do a Jenny Craig video that I loved. Right now the biggest loser is what I'm doing because it kicks butt! I also really want to try some zumba....do they even have zumba dvd's??