Zumba anyone?

Options
Hi, i'm going to try Zumba out at my local gym but have never been before. Can anyone tell me what to expece? thanks :smile:

Replies

• SophieLouise95
    Options
    Expect* :$
  • systerT
    Options
    Its great fun...one hour makes you happy:laugh:
  • littledude82
    Options
    zumba is really great fun and really energetic but obviously you can go as far as our limit and in an hour you can burn 400 odd calories no problem. it comprises of different sort of dance moves to music that we all know and love and everyone is in the same boat, just trying to keep in step with the instructor which is what makes it fun. Get ready to shake your bum lots and im sure you wil enjoy it.:happy:
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    Its heaps fun, you will have a blast...
    I have got the DVD's and its great, so enjoy :) I like doing it at home in my own privacy though, just coz thats who I am :D
  • tiggys
    tiggys Posts: 32
    Options
    Love it. Just make sure you warm up properly. Five weeks ago I didn't and ended up with tear in my calf muscle. Can't wait to get back to it!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I was overwhelmed the first time I went but have since gone to a class about 4 times. It definitely gets easier and even if you can't follow every move - just keep moving! One thing that took me by surprise is the instructor did not wear microphone and there are few verbal cues. Most of it is following along to see what instructor and/or more experienced class pa rticipants do.

I also am not very good at shaking and more used to trying to NOT shake LOL! But it is great fun and an awesome workout.
  • GSGE
    GSGE Posts: 5
    Options
    Fasntastic, brilliant, addictative amazing!! But it also depends on the teacher - I go to two Zumba classes, one is the world's best and the other needs to gain more confidence and learn to enjoy it more. Don;t concentrate on any of the moves being perfect, as long as you as you move it's fine!