Juices

Options
OK, what's the deal?? I'm not a big breakfast eater unless it is after 8 and I have just a bit...

So I have opted to drink juice instead.

I look for organic, low to no sugar added as well.

In the mornings I usually have a small bottled tropicana oj, organic apple juice nad a dite green tea with sugar free water flavoring.

And now I'm not moving the scale.....

I have even upped my veggies and lowered my meats.

What's the dang deal??

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OK, what's the deal?? I'm not a big breakfast eater unless it is after 8 and I have just a bit...

So I have opted to drink juice instead.

I look for organic, low to no sugar added as well.

In the mornings I usually have a small bottled tropicana oj, organic apple juice nad a dite green tea with sugar free water flavoring.

And now I'm not moving the scale.....

I have even upped my veggies and lowered my meats.

What's the dang deal??
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    Is that all you're having for breakfast? Provided it's one serving, it's only 120-150 calories for breakfast. It really is the most important meal of the day - I don't know if you snack in the early/late morning or just wait until lunch, but I say you should up the calories. Maybe some kind of protein bar or breakfast bar?
  • elliott062907
    Options
    No I also have a few slices of cheese and turkey slices with it. No more then the 1 serving of each.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Juices are ok if your not overdoing it but I would try either eating a fruit with some protein on the side. Or drink the juice and have some protein. Many of the things I have read on breakfast specify the need for protein first thin in the morning.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I would opt for a protein shake (gag lol) or get a good cereal. You don't have to eat much...
    I opt for Natural Farms or something like that it's a Red Wheat Ceral its puffed so it looks almost like Sugar Smacks Cereal..just NO SUGAR!!

It's got the lowest carbs by far in any ceral I have seen ( Trust me I spent 45 mins on the ceral aisle in Wal-Mart one night) and it has 3 grams or Fiber- and 12 or 13 carbs for a cup size serving. I eat it plain sometimes or with 1 splenda and half a cup of milk.

It's easy on the stomach and it helps get your metabolism going in the morning.

I read a couple places that you are supposed to eat within 1-2 hours of getting up and being active...so I get up about 815 get to work at 9 and im eating by 930 and it has significantly helped me...

Hope this helps!!
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    What about a smoothie instead of juice? Some frozen fruit, splash of milk/non-dairy milk (whichever you prefer) or yogurt. Smoothies always fill me up like crazy.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I once read that eating breakfast increases your metabolic output, for the rest of the day, by 20%.

So if you were to burn 1500 calories a day without breakfast, you would stand to burn 1800 by eating the breakfast - if you ate a breakfast around 300 calories, you would come out ahead and have energy to start the day!
    :flowerforyou:

Are you going to bed hungry? I go to bed a little hungry most nights, and after my morning workouts, I am RAVENOUS!!! If you can't stomach solid foods in the morning, a nice smoothie may be the way to go!

Almond milk + PB + protein powder
    Berries + skim milk + protein powder
    Mango + peaches + yogurt + protein powder

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    I too am not a huge breakfast eater... I have started drinking a protein shake blended with skim milk for breakfast.... it calculates at 300 calories... and 55 grams of protein!!! Talk about jump starting your day!!!!!:bigsmile: See if you can find on of those that you like. Oh, and to add... have dropped two lbs n the last week since startng that ! :drinker:
  • elliott062907
    Options
    thanx all for the ideas. i need a juicer and a smoothie machine!!!!
  • elliott062907
    Options
    OK, just ordered a smoothie maker from amazon. will frozen fruit be ok? sometimes I find it a bit watery. any suggestions of sugar free organic?
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    OK, just ordered a smoothie maker from amazon. will frozen fruit be ok? sometimes I find it a bit watery. any suggestions of sugar free organic?

I want a juicer (sigh) I use frozen fruit most of the time--I never thaw it--just throw it in and it makes everything chilly yummy--
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options

Cascadian Farms makes frozen fruit. Obviously not sugar free since fruit contains natural sugars, but they don't add any extra sugar in it. Depending where you live, your local supermarket may have their own brand of organic frozen fruit - a lot of mine are starting to stock their own brand.