Ladies 5'8 +

Options
2»

Replies

• minni2906
    Options
    I'm 5'10", and after reading some of these posts, I wonder if my goal weight of 155 is enough?! Really?! I can't imagine being this tall and only weighing 140.... I think I'd look anorexic!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    5'10 and currently 148. My goal is 135. My problem areas are thighs and tummy. Always had thigh problems but the tummy only became a problem after I had my son. My lowest weight was 125 in college; I was happy but my dr freaked out!!! Anyway, I do not excersice like I should but am trying to walk more to help with the thighs.
  • jemmie00
    Options
    I'm am 5'11" and change and STUCK at 150. My goal is to be between 140-145. Last summer, I got down to 137, but put a massive amount of weight on due to being sick and sedentary. Hopefully I can get my metabolism moving again and bump back down another 5-10 lbs. :-) Good luck to all!
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Part of what drives me nuts about this whole process, is the fixation on the numbers. I was 135 pre-pregnancy with my first child....in 1998. I'm 12 years older now, had another baby, am in a different life situation than I was then. When I started living healthier, my goal was 155. Then as I got closer, I realized I wanted to change it to 150. Then 145. Now when I read others posts, my heart starts to speed up and I wonder "is that still low enough? Maybe I should set it lower." But...I want to focus on how I feel. My self image, my energy level, my strength, how my life is affected by being fit. Really, I have not lost a pound since mid-December, but I have lost 5". So why do the numbers on the scale piss me off? I'm eating healthy, exercising, and I feel great! That's what I should care about the most! So I'm working on that. Maybe I should just chuck the stupid scale out the window! :laugh:
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.75" and all of your starting weights are my goal weight!!:huh: :noway:
    Anyway, I won't bore you with the details but I used to have an athletic build and am shooting for 150lbs by June.
    My current weight is 187.8 lbs and I have hypothyroidism. So if I lose oz it's a good thing:sad:
    I do at least 500calories burnt exercising 6 days a week and try to keep my calories at a min 1600.
    I hope your ok that I watch this thread because you all are my motivation for what I want to be.
  • 750legpress
    750legpress Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" with an athletic build and as my dad used to put it, I have "turkey legs" (so the upper thigh is really muscular and I have NO calfs!)....Lost A LOT of what I should have never put on in the first place and have about 27 more pounds to go to my goal weight of 160.

Isn't it great being a tall girl and able to carry a little extra weight? ;)
  • mjames13
    Options
    Zandhmom, I too hate the scale, I hate that it can sometimes determine whether I am going to have a good day or bad!! Like when your clothes feel loose but the scale is the same, you start wonder whether you really are any skinnier. Sadly nowadays its easy to feel like its never good enough, ...you can never be too skinny or too rich right? ..seems to be the way society is going. I say get to your original goal, see how you FEEL, then go from there. At that point you can decide is the number okay, does maybe the muscle just need toning, or does the number really need dropping. or is it all okay.

....had a horrible weekend calorie wise. ordered a pizza at 10pm on friday and ate 5 slices, putting me over cals by like 1700!!! then yesterday i was over cals by lunch time, and still had to go to a pizza restuarant for dinner with the family. I didn't even log in my food yesterday because i knew it was crazy!!! I'm out of town, but heading home later today, can't wait to get there so I can eat healthy according to plan again. It's so hard to follow the 'rules' when your not in your routine.
  • runracer11
    runracer11 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and 159.5lbs. My goal weight is 145lbs, or less... we'll see. My lowest weight since having children was 137lbs and I would love to get back around there. Please feel free to friend me so we can support each other!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to follow the 'rules' when your not in your routine.

I know what you mean. I can very easily come in under my goal and have a good exercise day when I'm in charge of that day, but throw in some friend/family event and it becomes harder. I jut shrug my shoulders and do a harder workout for a few days afterwards. And don't eat the crusts of the pizza ;)