Tired of the snow. . . .

Options
Hi all! I am a 43 yr old female from Youngstown, Ohio. I want to lose 10 pounds before I leave for FLA in 17 days!!!! I have no friends on here so all are welcome! Good luck and one wrong turn does not spoil the whole journey!

Replies

• ashleykurz
    Options
    FYI Snow shoveling burns 96 cals per 10 minutes! That's nearly 600 per hour :) I Love the snow!! I'm closer to Cleveland but also an Ohioan. :)
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    UGGGHHHHH!!!! Here in Chicago, I am SICK AND TIRED of the snow (currently snowing!!!!). Yes, I did get my 200 calories burnt at 6:30 this morning, shoveling!!!

Really. Tired of it. enough already!!! Can we move on, PUUULLLEASE!!!!:sad:
  • beautymkt
    Options
    hello, add me as your friend. sounds like we may have a couple of things in common. first, i am beginning to hate snow myself. i have former in-laws that live in ohio and i will be moving to Florida this year! haha

I need motivation as well! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    UGGGHHHHH!!!! Here in Chicago, I am SICK AND TIRED of the snow (currently snowing!!!!). Yes, I did get my 200 calories burnt at 6:30 this morning, shoveling!!!

Really. Tired of it. enough already!!! Can we move on, PUUULLLEASE!!!!:sad:

I hear ya!! We got another 6-10 inches here in Maine yesterday! UGG I am so ready for SPRING-- You can't even see to get out of the driveway the snow banks are still so high!!! I wish I was going to Florida that sounds so good right about now!
  • beautymkt
    Options
    96 calories per 10mins shoveling snow? Wow! I didn't know that. Cool! However, everytime I shovel, I throw my lower back. I have sciatic nerve problems from having kids. haha
  • beautymkt
    Options
    if you got snow in Maine, it's not too far from us in Connecticut. I believe we are getting a snow storm Monday. Figures!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi fittumee, if you are hoping to lose 10 lbs in 17 days, you will need to be extremely aggressive.

1) Workout to burn about 600 calories per day or more!
    2) Cut all saturated and trans fats out of your diet
    3) Cut all simple carbs and sugars out of your diet
    4) Eat a MINIMUM of 1200 net calories per day (so if you burn 600, you'll need to eat 1800).

And...most importantly, don't feel bad if it doesn't happen. You may lose inches and not pounds. And you may lose those inches in places that don't seem helpful to you.

But exercise and weight loss can't be a one-off thing that just magically happens the way you want it to. I used to fail and feel bad all the time because of that thought process. But just keep at it and remember to keep at it WHILE YOU ARE IN FLORIDA and you'll see results you like.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    For all...it is also snowing in Utah right now. I was going to ride my bike today because the storm supposedly did its bidding yesterday and the day before. Unfortunately, it decided to come back and settle over my house.
  • MrsAbeLee
    Options
    Agreed! I'm also in Chicago and was SO DISAPPOINTED to wake up this morning to more white. The sooner we get green, the sooner I can run outside again! I don' know about you, but I think Chicago has had all of the winter it needs for this season...bring on some sunshine!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait for Spring! I am from Northern Michigan...SO SICK OF THE SNOW! LOL Everytime it gets a little warm I start getting antsy then all bummed the next day when we get pummeled in snow :explode:
  • lydiaanne1977
    lydiaanne1977 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada, so I'm no stranger to seeing a lot of snow, and yes I am tired of it. Sure shoveling snow burns lots of calories, but it isn't everyday that you need to shovel. The constant grey skies & cold wind are a downer, and I look forward to the sunny weather when I'm generally more active. If you like, feel free to add me as a friend :o)
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Bowling Green, Oh here and I just moved back from 2yrs in florida.... I am done with snow! Please stop snowing!!! Snowiest February on record.... I am really done with snow! lol...
  • Missevanston
    Options
    Agreed! I'm also in Chicago and was SO DISAPPOINTED to wake up this morning to more white. The sooner we get green, the sooner I can run outside again! I don' know about you, but I think Chicago has had all of the winter it needs for this season...bring on some sunshine!

With ya, sista!! Soooo with ya! My kid had to be in Bensonville (where God lost his shoes!) this morning at 8am! I am a gardener, I need the green! sick of cold, wet, white stuff.
  • Missevanston
    Options
    Bowling Green, Oh here and I just moved back from 2yrs in florida.... I am done with snow! Please stop snowing!!! Snowiest February on record.... I am really done with snow! lol...

Amen to that! Currently snowing here in Chi town.
  • flttumee
    flttumee Posts: 16
    Options
    To AMYOLIVER85:

Thank you for all the advice and congrats on your upcoming marriage! I am no stranger to the fitness industry, I teach yoga and have certifications in Spinning as well as Pilates. I had a hysterectomy in December and not being in the gym for 6 weeks seemed to creep up on me. I gained about 10 lbs between the stress of thinking I had something majorly wrong with me then to sedentary lifestyle after being in the gym at least 3-4 days per week.

It has been very hard for me to not focus on "how I used to be" and "where I used to be physically". I am trying very hadrd to live in the moment and celebrate the now and be grateful for all of my blessings (the least of which is that I am healthy and have the ability to move!)

Every one on here is such an inspiration! I'm so glad I found this site! Thanks again!