help

Options
I do just fine for breakfast and as the day goes on I find myself snacking more. I have to be more aware of what I am putting in my mouth at this crucial time. Any suggestions? I must be abstinent during this time. I often ask myself am I hungry or what do I really want or need. It is a very difficult time for me. It seems like after breakfast it is off to the races. Please, someone, give me some suggestions to help. Thank you!

Replies

• ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    heres a question: once you ate breakfast, how much time after do you have something to eat? I found that if i wait like 4 hours to eat something i catch myself feeling super hungry and eat something that may not be too healthy or i over eat. Maybe try eating every 2 1/2 hours...like eat your breakfast as u usually do but for snacks try eating some cottage cheese with fruit or an apple w/peanut butter....healthier options. maybe you just need more protein in your diet to feel fuller thorugh out your day
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat more often, and sometime with sweet craving I pop a piece of gum. Extra has come out with some real yummy ones! :)
  • Ajmoreman
    Ajmoreman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes eating more often (every 2-3 hours) with smaller, healthier items makes a HUGE difference because you're never get the hungry feeling!

Also, what are you having for breakfast? Do you have a nutritional breakfast with good carbs, protein, and fiber? I need more than a bowl of cereal to keep me full -- I usually opt for oatmeal with fruits, eggs & turkey bacon, or something like grape-nuts with low-fat yogurt and some craisins mixed in for the sweetness.
  • jcburroughs
    Options
    Are you having enough protein for breakfast? More protein will keep you fuller and you wont be as tempted to snack. If you really feel like eating have something healthy ie oatmeal, banana, natural peanut butter etc. I work in an office and found myself eating because i was bored, once I increased my morning protein I snack less.