Almond Milk

Options
Has anyone ever tried it? I was recently told to go lactose free by my doctor. I have lactose free milk but it is so sweet which I hate. I was told to try unsweented almond milk that it is pretty good but I was wondering everyone else's thoughts. I can't do soy milk because it messes with my hormones.

Replies

• Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just bought it the other day. I would prefer regular milk. It tasted pretty good in my oatmeal and I am drinking a glass now. So it is do able.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big milk lover, so I actually prefer Almond or Soy milk to real milk in my coffee and oatmeal.
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    My wife and I have been using Almond milk for a while now. I use it primarily on my cereal for breakfast. I am not a milk drinker. I like it much better than soy milk. It comes unsweetened.
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I tried it, didnt like it :( it was like too thick and ughh i dont know :( But i am used to skim milk so that may be it. My hubby drinks it like crazy and love it along with the Silk milk too
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    I personally think it's gross. It kind of tastes like marzipan if you've ever had that. Maybe vanilla almond milk would be better though? I think what I tried was plain.
    I think soy milk is yummy, plain or vanilla (or chocolate). I tried coconut milk too, which is really nice and creamy with really low cals.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    funny thing - I am trying it for the first time today! I am a big milk drinker (1%), and hate soy milk passionately, so I decided to try almond milk (Original, Unsweetened) - starting out with it in my coffee - so far so good *fingers crossed*
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    i adore almond milk. so delicious
    and so perfect for smoothies as well as green tea of matcha lattes/
    2886 Posts: 1
    Options
    love the stuff heart healthy
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    i enjoy the vanilla one too, but it is a tad too sweet
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Almond is great. Since it is sweet on its own, you may want to purchase the original, unflavored version. I use it in cooking, on cereal, etc and like it. Hemp milk is also very good and a little thicker, so it is good for sauces. There is also rice milk, which tends to run thinner (I don't like the taste personally).
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    I use Almond Milk pretty much everyday. I use the unsweetend, sweetened versions of the Vanilla and the chocolate. I usually don't drink it plain. I add to smoothies, cereals, and things like that. I honestly think its great. If you're going to drink it plain, get the sweetened kind. Tastes delicious in my opinion!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened vanilla almond breeze.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk, unsweetened, vanilla, chocolate and regular. They all taste good to me. Unsweetened is best for using to make your own salad dressing. Just toss some onion, avacado, garlic and what ever else you like into a magic bullet and blend till smooth then dump on your salad. Can come pretty close to a ranch or caeser if you use the right stuff.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Love it! I recently bought Silk coconut milk, and I LOVE that even more!
  • mlharris
    mlharris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok in cereal.. I just have the regular, not vanilla and it's passable.... doesn't takes good in my tea though!! And it has about 40 less calories in a cup than 1percent milk!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love it! i get the unsweetened and it really helps keep the calories down...very low, but good for you!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I love to drink fat free (skim) milk and I so far I am not enjoying this milk I currently have. I love to drink it by itself I was hoping this would be an awesome alternative.
  • lmcosle
    Options
    I prefer rice milk or coconut milk over almond or soy milk which leaves an after taste. Both rice and coconut milk come in plain or vanilla and taste great over cereal or in a smoothie.
  • Perissology
    Perissology Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    At my house we love the Chocolate almond milk. I drink unsweet organic soy milk every day though, i love it
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk for the last 9 months and love it. Target is the only place I've found unsweetened kind.