Movie snacking ideas

Options
Going to the movies today... It's going to be hard to resist that buttered popcorn! Any snack ideas that I can sneak in (shhhh!):wink:

Replies

• eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bottle water :) and pretzels.. a seving size-- always a good healthy snack!
  • sharonmac
    Options
    I have the same dilema. I am going to the movies later with my Daughter and a friend.
  • beautymkt
    Options
    popcorn with no butter!!! haha! it only has about 130calories for a 1cup with light butter! Good luck!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Bottled water, trail mix, sliced up apples (for a sweet treat) pop your own popcorn and bring it in little bags.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Peel and segment a couple of clementines and put them in a zip loc bag. Only 35 cals per clementine.
  • PartTimeSarah
    PartTimeSarah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Craisins are also a great movie snack, just watch out for the sugar if you bring too many. I agree too that popping your own popcorn (I like the Orville Reddenbacker 94% fat free "smartpop") is a great way to still get your popcorn fix but cut the calories by over a half!
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I bring my own popcorn in a big purse haha.
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good ideas... I think I'll pack some trail mix & pretzels! I'm going to hit the treadmill now so I have some extra calories to use... but I'm going to TRY and stay away from the buttered popcorn!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I bring my own popcorn in a big purse haha.

Me too!
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    Pop Secret Makes a bag of 100 Calorie Kettle Corn, and it's not small... it's like 5.5 cups of popped kettle corn. It has been my favorite snack since calorie counting again. You could pop a bag of it, and stick it in your purse. It's sweet and salty, so it holds me over pretty well.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Bring your own homemade popcorn!

All you have to do is throw a few tablespoons of raw kernels into a brown paper lunch bag, then fold the top down about 10 times until its folded shut. Microwave for 130-2 minutes (depending on how many kernels you put in).

Flavor it with whatever you like:

Cinnamon and Sugar

Parmesan Salt and Garlic

Paprika and Lime

Etc Etc

Its about 30 cals a cup without anything added
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey, get the popcorn, but no butter. Also remember Popcorn is way better than candy. As long as you only have one serving.

You also might want to try getting some roasted and salted peanuts. You can hide a small bag in your purse and no one would be the wiser.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hey, get the popcorn, but no butter. Also remember Popcorn is way better than candy. As long as you only have one serving.

You also might want to try getting some roasted and salted peanuts. You can hide a small bag in your purse and no one would be the wiser.

Hate to break it to you, but that's definitely not true.

Even if you get unbuttered popcorn, the popcorn itself is popped in huge mounts of oil, usually coconut, which is loaded with saturated fat.

A small AMC popcorn (unbuttered) has 400 calories and TWENTY SEVEN grams of fat.

One box of junior mints has 200 calories, and only 3 grams of fat.

Check this site out too....

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20091119/movie-theater-popcorn-a-calorie-bomb