What is wrong with my scale???

Options
Last Friday 2/18 159 lbs

Thursday 2/24 159 lbs

Friday morning 2/25 162 lbs I got on the scale 3 times just to make sure it was reading right.

Friday night 2/25 159 lbs

Saturday morning today 157 lbs.

Replies

• Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Check ou the bottom of your scale...how many weight sensors does it have? Most home scales have only one, which means that it will vary depending on how you distribute your weight when your standing. One time I stood on mine and almost cried cause I had gained 3 lbs! So I got on again and stood up straight while looking forward and I was acutally down 1 lb. Try that maybe it'll help be more consistant.....
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with your scale. Our weight can flucuate up and down by up to 5 lbs a day, depending on sodium and water intake, among other factors. It is recommended you only weigh yourself once a week at the same time, wearing the same thing. Early morning as soon as you get up is best.
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    your weight can fluctaute up to 5 lbs. on any given day......Unless it's alot of pounds off, I wouldn't worry. Always weigh at the same time every time tho. I can weigh 5 lbs. more at night than I do in the am but it"s the same the next morning. hope this helps!
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with your scale. Our weight can flucuate up and down by up to 5 lbs a day, depending on sodium and water intake, among other factors. It is recommended you only weigh yourself once a week at the same time, wearing the same thing. Early morning as soon as you get up is best.
    Normally I only weigh in on Friday mornings right after I workout. But last week I cheated and checked Thursday instead. But I still wanted to Friday becaues that is my official day. But when it was so off, I had to weigh in a couple more time to see what it said, because going up 3 lbs is not in my plans! lOL!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    On Fridays and Tuesdays, I wake up, pee, get naked, and get on the scale. No exercise, no water or coffee...nothing before that.

Did you have an unusual amount of sodium on Thursday? Maybe you were retaining water, and flushed it before Saturday.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I drink tons of water everyday and my sodium intake is always about the same. So I don't know. I guess as long as it keeps going down I shouldn't mind too much. Maybe I should invest in a better scale.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you've had the scale a while and it is just now doing this...it may be the scale. If you just started weighing in on it...it could be what Jaccilatt5 said or just natural fluctuations in day to day weight from water or waste. I fluctuate ridiculously but it is recommended to only look weekly so that we get to see a longer term result. (I stayed the same for 2 weeks, lost 6 the next, gained 2 the next...stayed the same a week, but overall down 4) Just focus on your overall progress and celebrate those other cool things like inches coming off instead of on the sometimes untruthful scales...lol.