Brides on a Mission: Week 8

Options

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    where im gettin married but without all the ice n snow....in may sorry if these pics r big....

185654_1438729748455_1839371654_861437_3098971_n.jpg

185871_1438733908559_1839371654_861447_1694685_n.jpg

184307_1438738028662_1839371654_861457_2733951_n.jpg

181730_1438734708579_1839371654_861448_4549169_n.jpg

183057_1438730308469_1839371654_861438_7931218_n.jpg

wow how pretty and peaceful!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 8

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I'm not weighing right now, I'll start again March 1st
    2. Highlight of the past week: The venue I want said they can wave the bar set up fee and the ceremony site fee ($500)
    3. Lowlight of the past week: I am eating horrible and not exercising, my fault but uughh!
    4. My future challenge idea: I think about it and get back to ya
    5. Any wedding news updates: I am feeling like I might have found my venue, I'm still over budget by $500 but it is everything I want
    6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I was doing awesome with my weight UNTIL I got my ring, now I am spending my time crunching numbers and looking at wedding plans and eating crap and not exercising. I do think I'll get my groove back once spring has sprung. After I get the venue booked I know I will make being healthy my top priority.
    7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Ummm, I am not all "I love him so much, he is so great" like the rest of you seem to be. I don't feel like a princess and he is NOT a prince. But we have been together for 9 years and have had many ups and downs along the way. (Don't be surprised if your wonderful husband makes you freaking crazy after a few more years, all the little "things" he does isn't so cute after a while) Now we tell each other "I hate you, baby" sweetly, instead of "I love you" and when I ask him about plans for the wedding he says things like "as long as I can run away for a few hours to fish after the ceremony I don't care". I do want a wedding but after 9 years and two kids I need to just get over all the little things that don't really matter (imo) like napkin colors (wtf). I don't care if he fishes in his tux as long as he is back in time to cut the cake. He wont do a first dance, period. I wont let his mom sing for us, unless she offers to help with the wedding costs and I'm not paying for her 20 yo boyfriend to be there. He wants to find a venue with a lot of easy exits for him to sneak away, fine. I want pictures before the guest arrive (so he doesn't split before the pictures really happen). But the birth of both our kids are happy memories and I hope we can make some nice memories on our honeymoon together.
    8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): I truly think that getting married is making it harder for me to be healthy, stress = not wanting to cook for me. I don't think I will have a trouble after. We will feel renewed and happy and glad the clown and pony show is over.
    9. Weekly wrap up: I am finding that weddings costs are stupid. $500+ for a cake? Really? I think Costco's $30 cakes are yummy. If mommy and daddy have the money to give, than more power to ya but going into debt for years to come for one day is CRAZY PANTS!

Sorry if I'm a downer, but I think a lot of this wedding stuff is silly.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    So who watched "Shedding for the Wedding"? Thoughts?? I'm intrigued by how the Greek Week themed wedding will turn out!

I just watched it last night (from the DVR). I liked it. I think whoever designed their workout outfits should get a new job! lol I thought they were aweful. I wish they showed more of the dresses because I really liked a few of them. I liked the couple from the Greek Week wedding...they were very cute!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 8 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.6 pounds in the past two weeks. I also went down .4% in body fat. I was really surprised because I haven't been feeling well (headaches, a cold), so I've been eating badly and I only got in three workouts a week on average. My fiance will measure me tonight, but I'm happy with the results so far, even if there's no change anywhere else!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Started getting wedding RSVPs. I was thrilled that several guests that are really important to me will be attending, even though they're lives are hectic and they are not located nearby.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Freaked out on my fiance on Tuesday. He wants to buy a house that makes his commute to work shorter but will make mine longer. Plus, I don't want to move at all! I was so stressed out from wedding stuff and issues going on within my school district that I burst into tears. I actually gave myself a headache and my stomach was physically ill. Horrible! Luckily, my fiance is so loving and understanding that he did all he could to make me feel better. Another annoyance: people are trying to add guests to their RSVPs that aren't even invited. GR!! I hate making those calls...
    4. My future challenge idea: Try a new activty.
    5. Any wedding news updates: My mom, FMIL, and MOH are planning two wedding showers, since the families are two hours apart. At first I thought it was a little weird.. it doesn't do much to bring the families together, but I'm thinking it's not a bad thing for the elderly people who might not be able to attend the wedding due to the drive.
    6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I lost almost 15 pounds since the end of August. My wedding dress could hardly zip and now it fits perfectly (I wouldn't mind it being taken in, though!;-)). I'm pretty happy with the results.
    7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Finally telling my fiance that I loved him, after he told me MONTHS before. I told him in an e-mail because I was so shy about it. He surprised me that night by showing up at the house with a red rose. I told him in person then and received the most amazing kiss that made my toes twinkle. I sure love Dan.:-)
    8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): Well, I'm fine on my end, but I don't see Dan doing much about his weight. As I posted prior, he doesn't eat well and drags his feet about working out. He's packed on quite a few pounds since we've been together. My goal is to get him more involved in summertime activities. It's too dark by the time he gets home right now. I plan on continuing my exercise and eating healthy journey,even if I have to go solo.:-P
    9. Weekly wrap up: Stressful week, but I'm still glad to be seeing progress on the weight loss and wedding end of things.

Shannon
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    This is the next set of homework for my sister's biggest loser challenge in Yellowknife...another suggestion for our weekly challenge...

While you are watching your favorite television program (whether it be the news, Greys Anatomy, or the Real Biggest Loser etc), you are to work HARD during the commercials. Pick any exercise from below to be done continuously throughout the commercial breaks. You can't make the same selection twice in a row unless you have gone through the entire list below! DO THIS 5 TIMES (or during 5 shows before next Wed night).
    List of Exercises:
    Squats
    Lunges
    Burpees
    Jumping Jacks
    High Knee Punches
    Sit Ups
    Swimmers (lay on your stomach with chest & knees off the floor, swimming your arms out in front as though you are swimming underwater. Don't drop your arms to the floor)
    Triceps Dips (you can use a chair or the edge of your sofa)
    Push Ups
    Crunches
  • NicolioRussell
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I'm not weighing right now, I'll start again March 1st
    2. Highlight of the past week: The venue I want said they can wave the bar set up fee and the ceremony site fee ($500)
    3. Lowlight of the past week: I am eating horrible and not exercising, my fault but uughh!
    5. Any wedding news updates: I am feeling like I might have found my venue, I'm still over budget by $500 but it is everything I want
    6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I was doing awesome with my weight UNTIL I got my ring, now I am spending my time crunching numbers and looking at wedding plans and eating crap and not exercising. I do think I'll get my groove back once spring has sprung. After I get the venue booked I know I will make being healthy my top priority.
    7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Ummm, I am not all "I love him so much, he is so great" like the rest of you seem to be. I don't feel like a princess and he is NOT a prince. But we have been together for 9 years and have had many ups and downs along the way. (Don't be surprised if your wonderful husband makes you freaking crazy after a few more years, all the little "things" he does isn't so cute after a while) Now we tell each other "I hate you, baby" sweetly, instead of "I love you" and when I ask him about plans for the wedding he says things like "as long as I can run away for a few hours to fish after the ceremony I don't care". I do want a wedding but after 9 years and two kids I need to just get over all the little things that don't really matter (imo) like napkin colors (wtf). I don't care if he fishes in his tux as long as he is back in time to cut the cake. He wont do a first dance, period. I wont let his mom sing for us, unless she offers to help with the wedding costs and I'm not paying for her 20 yo boyfriend to be there. He wants to find a venue with a lot of easy exits for him to sneak away, fine. I want pictures before the guest arrive (so he doesn't split before the pictures really happen). But the birth of both our kids are happy memories and I hope we can make some nice memories on our honeymoon together.
    8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): I truly think that getting married is making it harder for me to be healthy, stress = not wanting to cook for me. I don't think I will have a trouble after. We will feel renewed and happy and glad the clown and pony show is over.
    9. Weekly wrap up: I am finding that weddings costs are stupid. $500+ for a cake? Really? I think Costco's $30 cakes are yummy. If mommy and daddy have the money to give, than more power to ya but going into debt for years to come for one day is CRAZY PANTS!

I think you could have tried to find the positive.....we're here for support.
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Oh my god?! I don't understand but I appear to have missed an entire week here?! I can't type properly on my phone so think I'll have to wait till the next week when I'm back @ work.

Sorrrrrryyyy everyone! X
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Agree with the above comment. We all have different relationships with our men to each other and we all want different weddings, and appear to be getting married for different reasons. And if someones napkin colour makes them happy on the day then good for them. And if someones husband fishing instead of being stood next to his wife, good for them too.

If we all wanted to get married in the same way to the same sort of man we'd be in trouble.

But I don't think its fair to slate other peoples choice of wedding or wedding planning." Silly" or not.... Its not up to you to criticise.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

Agree with the above comment. We all have different relationships with our men to each other and we all want different weddings, and appear to be getting married for different reasons. And if someones napkin colour makes them happy on the day then good for them. And if someones husband fishing instead of being stood next to his wife, good for them too.

If we all wanted to get married in the same way to the same sort of man we'd be in trouble.

But I don't think its fair to slate other peoples choice of wedding or wedding planning." Silly" or not.... Its not up to you to criticise.

OK....we haven't had a situation like this yet before! I dont want this board to get into a "my way is better then your way" or a calling each other out board. It is great for everyone to express themselvs but please do it in a way where we can help each other. This is a support and motivation board....and that is what we are going to do. (So this was my rant about being the moderator)

(Here is my real opinion) Jennplus2: We are here to support you, please know that. I just want to say that I disagree with your comment about what our husbands are going to be like in a few years. I have been with my fiance for 7 years. Yes, I am young but there isn't a day that goes by that I dont thank God for him and how much he makes me laugh, smile, and feel ike a princess. Everyone's relationships are differnt...that is what makesthe world go round. Also, I can understand that you think all the wedding stuff is silly but please be respectful of the other brides on this board. We are all here because we are excited about our wedding. I personally think that weddings are amazing and should be as awesome as YOU think it should be. I guess we just differ on our wedding opinion and that is ok. My wedding will be about $40,000.....and by the way.....my mommy and daddy are not paying for it. My fiance and I have good educations and work hard for our money and we are proud to have a huge fancy ballroom "party" for our freinds. I know this sounds *****y and I am sorry (not sorry enough to not post this though) but I just really took to heart about what you said. I hope you understand where I am coming from and from what the other brides posted too.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Oh my god?! I don't understand but I appear to have missed an entire week here?! I can't type properly on my phone so think I'll have to wait till the next week when I'm back @ work.

Sorrrrrryyyy everyone! X

Sorry we missed you this week! See ya next week!
  • EHeadings
    EHeadings Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Honestly, sounds like maybe you should look at your relationship and if you really SHOULD get married. Marriage is supposed to be an exciting, wonderful thing! You aren't supposed to be doing it just because you have children together, or have been with each other for a long time. Yes, marriage is something that is going to take a LOT of work. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, and enjoy every moment with my future husband.

I guess if anything, your comments make me realize how much better our marriage will be than yours. If you are going to be that negative about others, just go somewhere else. We deserve to be excited, even if you are not.

Thanks for letting me share my two cents! :)
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 lbs

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got a compliment from a coworker about my weight loss and ran for 20 min straight for the c25k!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):

4. My future challenge idea:
    -Try a new workout. Something that has always been appealing but you have always been too scared to try.
    -Take the time to prepare a new healthy recipe for you and your family, then share it and your opinions about it with us.
    -Take 10-15 minuets a day to relax, meditate and think of only positive up lifting things about your life. Let all the stress and anxiety of work, school and planning a wedding go and just breathe.

5. Any wedding news updates: None atm. :(

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I joined this board just after christmas. I was a little depressed that I had come so far before the holidays and then just quit. I have met some wonderful ladies here that really motivate me to keep it up. :)

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: I would have to say our first kiss. :) We were walking to my car after class just talking and having a good time and when we got to my car he just looked down and kissed me said drive safe and walked back to the building. I was in shock because I didn't know he liked me like that. (we hadn't started dating yet) So, I sat in my car with this big goofy grin on my face for a half an hour thinking did that really just happen? hahaha I have a big goofy grin on my face right now typing this.

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): Well I'm not really trying to lose weight just for the wedding (thats just a nice bonus) It has always been about trying to be healthy for the rest of our lives. My mom just recently had a heart attack. She is only 46. I couldn't imagine losing her and it drives me to want to be healthy for my future children.

9. Weekly wrap up: This week has been pretty good. :D I feel really accomplished in my c25k program and am excited to do it again starting on monday.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    Jennplus2
    Joined Jun 2009
    Thu 02/24/11 01:30 PM

^
    l
    l
    l
    i did not write this....but it sure does bother me...not everyones soon to husband is like urs...ive been with mine next yr being 10 yrs for us and 8 being engaged...so no not every husband is the same and if i dont know what hes like by now than i shouldnt be marrying him but obviously i do so im very happy and excited and refuse to let u bring down this thread for all us happy brides n happy couples out there....so keep ur opnions about what other peoples realtionships n marriges mite be like after getting married.....i think by lookin at what u have wrote u mite need to recheck n rethink who ur marrying...n if this persone makes u happy or not and not base a marriage on just cuz we have kids n such but do what even makes u happy....but please leave ur negitive comments n thoughts to ur negitive self........
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

OK....we haven't had a situation like this yet before! I dont want this board to get into a "my way is better then your way" or a calling each other out board. It is great for everyone to express themselvs but please do it in a way where we can help each other. This is a support and motivation board....and that is what we are going to do. (So this was my rant about being the moderator)

(Here is my real opinion) Jennplus2: We are here to support you, please know that. I just want to say that I disagree with your comment about what our husbands are going to be like in a few years. I have been with my fiance for 7 years. Yes, I am young but there isn't a day that goes by that I dont thank God for him and how much he makes me laugh, smile, and feel ike a princess. Everyone's relationships are differnt...that is what makesthe world go round. Also, I can understand that you think all the wedding stuff is silly but please be respectful of the other brides on this board. We are all here because we are excited about our wedding. I personally think that weddings are amazing and should be as awesome as YOU think it should be. I guess we just differ on our wedding opinion and that is ok. My wedding will be about $40,000.....and by the way.....my mommy and daddy are not paying for it. My fiance and I have good educations and work hard for our money and we are proud to have a huge fancy ballroom "party" for our freinds. I know this sounds *****y and I am sorry (not sorry enough to not post this though) but I just really took to heart about what you said. I hope you understand where I am coming from and from what the other brides posted too.

I agree, I don't want to be mean, but this is a support board, this isn't somewhere where we should be attacking other peoples idea of a perfect day. We all have different budgets and to some of us getting married isn't just something that we "need" to do, Its something that we want to do and that will make us happy. Yeah you are right everyone is bound to fight with thier fiancee, I mean we are humans, but I don't ever get to or want to get to the point where I feel marrying him is something I "need" to do. I don't know about other people but I also see it as a union in gods eyes. The most exciting part of my wedding will be that I will be walking down the Aisle of the church that I have been going to my whole life. But also My Fiancee and I are paying for our wedding, we work full time and we save up our money so that we can do this. So don't go thinking my mommy and daddy pay for everything. All I am trying to say is that Its not fair to knock other peoples idea of the perfect wedding day.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 lbs

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got a compliment from a coworker about my weight loss and ran for 20 min straight for the c25k!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):

4. My future challenge idea:
    -Try a new workout. Something that has always been appealing but you have always been too scared to try.
    -Take the time to prepare a new healthy recipe for you and your family, then share it and your opinions about it with us.
    -Take 10-15 minuets a day to relax, meditate and think of only positive up lifting things about your life. Let all the stress and anxiety of work, school and planning a wedding go and just breathe.

5. Any wedding news updates: None atm. :(

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I joined this board just after christmas. I was a little depressed that I had come so far before the holidays and then just quit. I have met some wonderful ladies here that really motivate me to keep it up. :)

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: I would have to say our first kiss. :) We were walking to my car after class just talking and having a good time and when we got to my car he just looked down and kissed me said drive safe and walked back to the building. I was in shock because I didn't know he liked me like that. (we hadn't started dating yet) So, I sat in my car with this big goofy grin on my face for a half an hour thinking did that really just happen? hahaha I have a big goofy grin on my face right now typing this.

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): Well I'm not really trying to lose weight just for the wedding (thats just a nice bonus) It has always been about trying to be healthy for the rest of our lives. My mom just recently had a heart attack. She is only 46. I couldn't imagine losing her and it drives me to want to be healthy for my future children.

9. Weekly wrap up: This week has been pretty good. :D I feel really accomplished in my c25k program and am excited to do it again starting on monday.

It sounds like you had a really good week! Keep up the hard work with the C25K and 2lbs loss is great!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Ok.....Like everone has been saying this is a support and motivation board....After my great work out this AM I was sooooo tempted to eat my left over casserole I made last night. I was only going to eat it because I was stressed about our board. :grumble: (I made an awesome veggie omlete instead with some fruit)

I think everyone has been stating their opions and that is fine. But I want to make sure that our board stays on track and not get too into fighting with each other. We are all here for each other. We all need to lose weight and look amazing on our the wedding day we each imagine. :love:

SO let's make sure that we give Jennyplus2 a chance to respond but next week lets get back to our regular support and motivation towards each other. I gain weight when I am stressed....I dont want our board to make me gain weight! lol
  • redruthie
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .5 for 12 lbs total! WOOOHOO! There is a noticeable difference in how my pants fit. I am down two notches on my belt.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): No school on Monday 21st :D. I had a lot more fruits and veggies and felt like I had more energy to work out.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): My younger sister is going through some rough patches. She is going through a nasty divorce where he wants alimony, also a custody battle, and she can no longer afford her lawyer since he is asking for more money, and her lawyer cashed a check, made payable to my sister, in the amount of 8K! (I'm thinking check fraud) This is stressing me out, but we're in the midst of filing a complaint with national check fraud center, and state bar of california.

4. My future challenge idea: How about eating heart healthy foods. in the US, heart disease is the #1 cause of death. And guess what? It's caused by obesity, poor diet, high cholesterol, stress, you name it. Yes, the one organ we should most nurture can be the most ignored.
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/25-top-heart-healthy-foods

5. Any wedding news updates: This week we're trying to decide which side of Kauai we want to get married on. Our options are dry side, rainy side, touristy side... hmmm Probably not dry side, but rainy side is so green and beautiful, but I don't want to get rained on. Thinking....

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: Since joining the board there have been many obstacles I've had to overcome, but the thing I've learned about myself is to remain consistent, don't let yesterday's poison affect you today, don't let yourself eat because of stress, portion control and above all else love yourself. I've enjoyed reading about everyone's progress. We are a great motivational and support group :) Thank you ladies, you're wonderful, beautiful and FABULOUS! :D

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: There are so many to choose from... I have 10 years worth of memories with him :) It would have to be the time that we were going through a tough time. I was still living with my parents at the time. My parents didn't accept my relationship with him for stupid reasons, anyways, in the middle of the night he came by my house and decorated the front yard with hundreds of origami frogs that he folded for days prior. He called me the next morning and told me to go outside. I went outside and sat on the porch swing while still on the phone with him and noticed all these beautiful origami frogs and screamed with delight! He taped a love letter underneath the porch swing and told me to read it. I did and cried. It was a reassuring gesture of how much he cared! It was sweet and thoughtful and I love him for all the ways he shows me he loves me.

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): I believe I will do well. I have a new mindset being that I am worth it! I am worth being happy and there is no way that I will ever want to give that up. This mindset is a lifetime commitment!

9. Weekly wrap up: It was a good week food-wise. I am eating a lot more veggies this week. Aside from the problems that my sister is facing, I am proud of myself this week. Stress is bad for me!
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: once again...nothing. second week straight.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): my future mother-in-law (whom i adore) made curtains for our stark white apartment. it's amazing what some color can do!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): the week before was one of the most stressful weeks i've had in awhile. this week was a nice change!

4. My future challenge idea: i haven't gotten a chance to read the other posts yet, so i hope i'm not copying someone else's idea....but i'm attempting to work out 180 minutes a week, and burn 3500 calories

5. Any wedding news updates: made a date with my future sister-in-law to do shopping in NYC for accessories. We're thinking of a plum colored pump to do with my ivory dress...and i love the idea that i'll be wearing some color

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I started January 3rd through a recommendation of a friend. I started out great, but have lost the momentum these past couple of weeks. But...I'm loving all the support my MFP friends are giving me!!

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: About 10 months after we met, two of my friends, and my cousin, all got married...three weeks in a row! Since my cousin got married in VA, and one of my friends got married in Orlando the very next weekend, we decided to take our time and drive from VA to FL over the week. Lots of great memories and I often wish we could relive those memories over and over!

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): I think that we are both very aware that we need to be healthy, it's just our work/school schedules make it very difficult to have a routine, and our eating and exercise habits are influenced. Hopefully once i'm done with school, we'll move closer to his job and we'll be a little more normal.

9. Weekly wrap up: I was feeling good...but i also know I made some not so smart food choices. need a mental reboot and get back on track!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    So, I'll be out with it....because I don't need anyone to make me feel bad about something that I can't control.

My fiance's father and step-mom are paying for 90% of our wedding. Our wedding will cost, with honeymoon, about $12,000.

My parents own two houses; they rent one out....and my two older brothers (27 and 25) plus siser (10) all live at home and don't pay bills. One of my brothers filed bankruptcy...etc. His life is a mess....and my mom works a full time job, plus three teaching jobs to pay for everything.

My fiance's mother lives by herself with his sister (23) ...his sister works full time but doesn't pay any bills.

My fiance and I love together; monthly, we bring home about $2200 (which, might I add...is NOTHING) and pay about $1700 in bills a month between mortgage, utilities, phones, etc. Add in taking care of our two dogs, groceries and the obscene cost of gas....we don't have a lot of extra money.

I am currently in grad school, working on two master's programs. I honestly don't have a whole lot of job experience in my field (psychology)....so I work part-time as a nanny....trying to find a full time job, or at least another part-time job, to help ease the burden.

So, when I say that my family is paying for the wedding.... Do I feel shame? Some....but my fiance and I are doing all that we can with the limited funds that we have to pay for our wedding. We wanted something incredibly simple....and his father and step-mom have so graciously offered any monetary support that we need in order to make it a special day (some things I never considered, but they think we need it....so they are paying for it).

Yes, this gets me down. I feel like I should be doing more. No, I know I should be doing more. But I'm making huge efforts and there's only so much I can do.

Since we do not all know the personal life stories of everyone that is a part of this WONDERFUL support and motivation group, I think we should keep "blanket statements" to ourselves.

Have a good weekend ladies!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    eek squeezing in a response before next week's is posted! haha

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .8 lbs which means i'm finally over 20 lbs lost!!! (this was as of last tuesday)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): i finally painted my bedroom ceiling! i used to be a huge go-getter on house projects but lately i've been dragging my feet on stuff so I had off this Friday and I just did it!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Nothing really - had a good week!

4. My future challenge idea: Do a fitness exercise you've never done before! For example, go to a cycling class, try zumba, do a video on demand exercise, go for a hike, etc! Exercise should be fun and sometimes doing the same thing over and over gets boring so switch it up!

5. Any wedding news updates: Our candles came in this week. I ordered 24 3x6 pillar candles. 12 are for the centerpieces and 12 are for where ever. They look really great and you can find good online coupons for the candles4less.com website that I got them from. I got the white ones:

medianl.jpg

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I seem to be up and down when it comes to my exercise but luckily my weight has only been down! I love this board because it lets me talk about my wedding to other brides!

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Oh man... going on 5 years this is going to be difficult. I still think it has to be the day after our first date. I went over to his house and I was laying on top of him on the bed and he was trying to figure out a way to ask me to be his girlfriend. I knew what he was doing but I wanted him to actually say it. It was adorable and I think we both knew on our first date that we had met our one. It just felt right :-)

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): I think my fiance and I have already agreed that we can't go back to old ways so I think we did well!

9. Weekly wrap up: It was a crazy busy week at work for me and I barely exercised at all. I'm feeling very bad about it and so I am going to do at least one work out video every day this week. The weather is starting to get nicer too so our long walks are becoming more enjoyable. I'm ready for a great week!!