I found my wedding dress!

Options
kittytrix
kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
My husband and I have been married for 6 years, but I never had a wedding. We didn't have the money and I was about to give birth to our daughter. We married on Halloween 2004 with very little fanfare. Our friends did throw us a dinner, but only my immediate family was there and none of his family came.

He told me last year I could plan our wedding for Halloween weekend 2012 and on Monday I found my dress.

mydress.jpg

I tried it on last year and about 20 pounds ago and it looked ok, but I wasn't satisfied. When I went in this week to try it on again, it wasn't there so I tried on a similar shape and I loved it! It fit so much better and looked so nice so I had to order it from a store out of state.

Here's the best part. It was only $149!! It's discontinued so I was able to get it super cheap!!! It was originally $750!

So the dress has been found. Now it's time to plan the rest.

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! :love:

You'll look stunning! :drinker:
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How exciting! Congrats on the 20lbs!
  • kittytrix
    Options
    Thank you. The dress pictured is a size 12. I tried on a 14 this week. Last year I tried on a 16. So excited!!!!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Oooohow what a discount! Congratulations!
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been married for 6 years, but I never had a wedding. We didn't have the money and I was about to give birth to our daughter. We married on Halloween 2004 with very little fanfare. Our friends did throw us a dinner, but only my immediate family was there and none of his family came.

He told me last year I could plan our wedding for Halloween weekend 2012 and on Monday I found my dress.

mydress.jpg

I tried it on last year and about 20 pounds ago and it looked ok, but I wasn't satisfied. When I went in this week to try it on again, it wasn't there so I tried on a similar shape and I loved it! It fit so much better and looked so nice so I had to order it from a store out of state.

Here's the best part. It was only $149!! It's discontinued so I was able to get it super cheap!!! It was originally $750!

So the dress has been found. Now it's time to plan the rest.

Its a gorgeous dress, congrats
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    GORgeous <3
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is a beautiful dress! Congratulations on the dress and the weight loss! Have a wonderful wedding!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Love that dress!!!! Total win ..congrats!
    P.S. Recommitment ceremonies and things like that are utterly romantic.../sigh
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Its a very pretty dress love it!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your dress is absolutely beautiful!
  • kittytrix
    Options
    Thank you all so much.

Last night my husband and I decided to have a combination Halloween/Dia de los Muertos theme. It celebrates my favorite holiday and our heritage. There are so many wonderful traditional Mexican accents it's wonderful!
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    beautiful dress :)
    What if you loose more weight by 2012? is it going to be able to be taked in?
  • kittytrix
    Options
    beautiful dress :)
    What if you loose more weight by 2012? is it going to be able to be taked in?

They said it can be taken down a max of two dress sizes. So that would mean a size 10. That's about where I want to be. YAY!!!