Yoga DVD Recommendations

Options
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could make some recommendations for yoga DVDs. I have the P90X Yoga that I've borrowed from my boyfriend's brother, but it's way too advanced for me. I had to quit 30 minutes in 'cause I was exhausted. I would like something that is for beginners but builds up to a more intermediate level. I've looked at some from Body Wisdom Media but I'm hesitant to commit to buying any of them.

Replies

• Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the P90X yoga program....but I have the Jillian Michaels "Yoga Melt Down" DVD. It is 2 levels of yoga with movement. LOTS of strength work in Level 2 on the upper body. Both levels are 30 minutes.

I also have Yoga for Weight Loss, which is a beginner program with easier moves. It's about 20 minutes for one program and 30 minutes for the other one.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly but prenatal yoga Dvds! They are a bit easier...I do them now and I am not currently prego
  • ropedancer
    Options
    The Biggest Loser's Weight Loss Yoga may be worth your time. It consists of three levels of yoga. You start with level one, then add on level 2, then add on level three. (I do one and two right now). I wouldn't call any of these levels easy, but they don't require previous knowledge of yoga.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I definitely don't want anything "easy", but I do need to learn how to do it and build up my endurance before jumping into an intense 90-minute session like p90x.

Ideally, I would love to take a couple beginner's classes, just to make sure I have good form, but the yoga studio on my town only has beginner's classes at really inconvenient times.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    What I've been doing is picking them off Netflix to try. I like the P90X Yoga, and I had never done Yoga in my life, I'd say stick with it. But I just also ordered Yoga for Athletes next on Netflix. I'm picky, I don't want to be spoken to in a Monotone Voice and Hate the OHMS of Yoga In general, I'm not that relaxed of a person, LOL