Challenge Help!

nmccabe33
nmccabe33 Posts: 35
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
I'm participating in a fitness challenge at work and at the gym. We had to set a daily personal goal and mine was no alcohol and at least 8 glasses of water a day. I've met those challenges for the first half of the competition. Now they want us to keep the old goal and set a new goal. It can be food or exercise related. I don't drink soda. I only eat one relatively healthy treat a day. I exercise at least one hour a day. What would be a good or inventive personal daily challenge? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Replies

• stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    There is some of us doing a push up challenge. Just started this week. Starting with 20 a day and heading to 100!

Steph
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    maybe try paking further in the parking lot at the store/work/gym...increase some walking time in there
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    10 000 steps a day
    100 yoga (or other classes)
  • Maybe it is walking around the block a couple of times during lunch, or cutting back on coffee by a cup. It can be little or big. Just try to think of something in your life that you could/want to change for a healthier lifestyle. :-)
  • fullofhope
    fullofhope Posts: 78 Member
    They have done studies that the people that get 8 hours of sleep are more likely to be successful at losing weight as well as maintaining a healthy weight. That could be a good goal. Or incorporating hot sauce or cayenne pepper at each meal. Not only will it help your metabolism, it is also heart healthy. Just a light sprinkle on a salad or side dish is all you need. Most of the time you won't even taste it.
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    i agree, more sleep!
  • sandradickie
    sandradickie Posts: 40 Member
    SLEEP!? What's that?? The only nights that I get 8 hours is when I have been put in time out to stop myself from eating!! lol ;-}
  • Thanks for the ideas. I already get plenty of sleep and I don't drink coffee. I like the push up idea. I was thinking about doing something physical such as incorporating a different exercise for 10 minutes daily. Example: Monday- squats and lunges, Tuesday- push ups and pull ups, Wednesday- sit ups/core/hula hooping, Thursday- stairs, Friday- jumping jacks, jumping rope, and running in place, Saturday- sit ups/planks, Sunday- weights. This would be in addition to my current work out schedule. Any other ideas for daily activities?
This discussion has been closed.