Weight lost

Options
Can I lose 9 lbs in 2 weeks?

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I lost 13 lbs in one week, but by the looks of your picture it doesn't look like you have a lot to lose.
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ^^^How did you lose 13 lbs in 7 days? What did you do?! :) ^^
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Water weight only.
  • sunset_twilight
    sunset_twilight Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First time doing this, this week and lost 8lbs!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    ^^^How did you lose 13 lbs in 7 days? What did you do?! :) ^^

It was week one of my diet, I am on the optifast system, I eat between 1000/1200 calories a day, I should exercise more than I do. I have a shake for bfast, lunch, snack, eat a sensible dinner (no starchy carbs, 6 oz of lean protein, 1.5 cups of vegetables (usually broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms or onions), and a fruit, then another shake before bedtime. I am hardly ever hungry believe it or not. I also cut caffeine out of my diet, will occassionally drink a decaf coffee, and drink a bunch of water (usually 10-12 glasses a day. If I do get hungry I will grab a piece or two of Extra Sugar Free gum. The first week you lose a bunch of water weight. My weight loss so far has gone like this

Week 1- 13
    Week 2- 4.2
    Week 3- 5
    Week 4- 5
    Week 5- 7
    Week 6- 4.5

Keep in mind I have about 125 lbs to my first goal, My final goal is around 150 lbs down. The Program is 20 weeks long.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,226 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose you might be able to lose 9 in a week. Some would be fat (a couple of pounds or so) the rest would be water and other stuff that you need to get rid of anyway. If you don't have a lot to lose, say 10-20 pounds, no, you can't lose 9 pounds in a week.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds in one day once while in high school during two a day football practices...but I don't think you want to go that route, lol.
    I guess 9 pounds is possible, but the way to do it may not be beneficial in the long run.