How I sometimes curb my hunger for several hours.

Options
REman
REman Posts: 48 Member
This little trick really works for me although I rarely do it these days.

This is great to do if I know I just won't have time for breakfast, but it's also great because it curbs my hunger for several hours and even wakes me up in the morning without coffee.

As soon as I wake up - I mean right away - I drink one cup of water. Then, I'll eat an apple and drink one more cup of water. That immediately jump starts my metabolism for the day and the sugar in the apple wakes me up so much faster than coffee.

My hunger will be suppressed for at least 2-3 hours and during that time I'll get as much work out of the way so that I'll be able to prepare another snack.

If you try this, let me know if it worked for you and what you thought of it.

Replies

• nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Interesting I will give that a try. It may also be a good idea for mid afternoon when I do have more cravings. Thanks for the tip.
  • swilkins12
    Options
    Wow, Im going to try it..
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I heard years ago that an apple has more wake up power than coffee.

I will have to try your trick in the am though.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    An apple may or may not wake me up, haven't tried it. I do know that one apple and a cup of water will not keep me satisfied for more than a few minutes. I need protein or I am not a nice person to be around as I get really cranky once I hit that sugar crash. I've eaten an apple thinking it would hold me over and I end up feeling hungrier than if I hadn't eaten the darn thing. Now if I eat it with some cheese, nuts or peanut butter I'm good to go! Glad it works for you though. :)
  • pete379
    Options
    I'm going to try that too. :smile:
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    An apple making you hungrier? This is my experience with apples also. I love apples but have learned to eat them only when I know that I'll have something else to eat within the next couple of hours. Even though I drink 20 oz. of cold water with the apple.

However, I never thought about the low protein being the reason why apples make me hungry. I will keep that in mind.

Oh, I have apples with breakfast and will have to notice next time if I am more awake.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    wow!!! I might have to give that a try
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    Your metabolism doesn't stop until you're dead.. If you don't want to be hungry for hours, eat a meal high in protein and/or healthy fats.