my neck

Options
Hi everyone,

I have to say that I absolutely love MFP! I'm obsessed with it. I've lost a little over 10 pounds and I can really FEEL a difference. My friends and family can't SEE a difference yet, but I can feel a difference. I did measurements yesterday, I'm doing the basic ones that MFP tracks, neck, waist, and hips. I've lost an inch from my waist and 1/2 inch from my hips. My question is this... when can I start to see a difference in my neck??? I know this might seem silly, but I feel like I have a HUGE, tree trunk sized neck. It's 14 inches... and it might seem ridiculous that I am so focused on my neck... but it bothers me. I feel like my face has slimmed down a little but that nobody can tell because of my huge neck! I think I might just be paranoid that everyone is looking at my neck, but it is how I feel. Does anyone else feel this way???

I'm not giving up on MFP or my new lifestyle because I feel really good about myself. But I wish my neck was just a little smaller...but I'm not sure it will get that smaller, it isn't saggy or anything, just thick!

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• skinnyb450
    Options
    Hi and welcome - Yes I also have a tree trunk neck and it was 14 inches when I started my MFP journey - 1st Jan - 2011 only this week I lost 1/2 inch from my neck - so it has been the last place to show a loss my measurement - and its taken 2 months to come off - Don't worry it will come off - just takes a bit longer - Good luck on your weight loss journey :):smile:
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention your neck cause I've been wondering the same thing. Mine is 14 as well and nothing changes when I measure! I guess it's just going to change in time and maybe just try not to think about it right now, that's what I've done. I think it's a lot harder to lose from the neck up. My thing is my face. I'd like it to be thinner and lose the chubby cheeks. I'm always getting carded and I'm almost 36! lol
  • heathera1980
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Welcome to my family! :wink: Most of the ladies in my family are very self-conscious of their necks...me included. I totally understand. When my mom, sisters and I take pictures together, we usually put the back of our hands under out chins to block it out! :laugh: Some people are just 'blessed' (if you can call it that!) with that kind of neck. Hang in there though, hard work pays off...it'll change. And even if it doesn't, you're making yourself healthier and joining this site is a great thing...welcome! :happy:
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Who knows where you are going to lose weight from first but it will catch up. I would lose weight from ever where but my waist but it would finally catch up. Be patient.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    My (formerly 16.1" but now) 15.5" inch neck and I are jealous of your 14" necks. But let me know when it gets smaller too!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have never thought to measure my neck before actually, apparently I have a 13inch neck, i will keep tabs on it now :D
  • EmRN06
    EmRN06 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies!!! It is nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way! I will be patient and continue on this journey!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey and thanks again!

Oh and feel free to add me as a friend - we can work our necks off together!!! :)
  • Vick_MN
    Options
    that is funny because I just took my measurements and lost a total of 15 inches but not a darn thing from my neck. I would love to have your 14 in neck as mine is 19. It just makes me feel good to see people with the same concerns and questions as I have. That is why I love this site.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    its all relative. My neck is 14 inches, but it looks tiny underneath my ginormous dome lol